Gudbranson lays out rookie Dube

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Sure it can, didn't target the head, just a clean solid body check. Only issue was that it was early.

I get what you mean though, I just don't think that qualifies as making it dirty.
It was dirty as he was not expecting to get hit, since he was not eligible to get hit.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Prout is still in the NHL? damn

Prout is pretty much a water boy. The only reason why he’s slightly relevant is because he floored Lucic that one time.

As for the other Prout comment - yeah.....Prout can beat up Gudbranson. I’ll give him that much. Won’t be a blow out though. Guds will give him everything he can handle. More importantly, Guds is going to stick up for the kids and no one is going to take liberties with Pettersson, Boeser, etc., as result.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Classic interference penalty. Give that man 2 minutes!
Well I guess it’s a good thing he did get a penalty for the Dube hit. I mean, thankfully the refs were so on their toes to recognize that they had to give the flames 7 whole power plays just to remedy it.

Could someone think of the children? It was fairly punished and Hamonic got his jimmies rustled enough to get laid out on fair ground. And I’m the first person to call Guddy “BadBranson”.

ncU9sqk.gif

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You can tell how hard the punch at 0:30 was just by listening to the crowd's reaction.
I think I speak for every other Islanders STH when I say that when Vancouver comes to the Coliseum I hope Ross the Boss knocks Gudbrandson unconscious. Hammer isn't just one of the most loved Islanders ever for being a good player, he is loved for being one of the greatest people in team history. Even though it was absolutely the right move to make that trade people were still incredibly sad to see him go.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
The only thing wrong with this contact is the timing. Was a buddy pass that Gudbranson simply misjudged - Dube was going to get crushed no matter what. There's no contact to the head, though, simply a hard hit. Can't really fault Dube, either, that was a terrible situation to pass it to him.

Interference is absolutely the right call. Nothing more, though. Don't know why Hamonic decided to fight him - I hate this mindset of fighting after any big hit. If he got hurt in the fight, that's on him.

because it was a heavy hit on a rookie in their first shift who didnt have the puck so wasnt braced for a hit from a 6’5 monster

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
That was a pretty bad pass. But while the hit is a bit iffy, it was still a physically clean hit. Just a tad early on the timing of it. Dube was definitely about to play the puck, so I'm guessing this is the grey area we're stuck with.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
2 min for interference.

Guddy then answers the bell and fights Hamonic later on in the period. Proceeds to destroy Hamonic.

Dube left for the dressing room but later continues on with the game.

Dirty hit ?

Good for Hamonic for sticking up for his teammates but isnt he too important of a player to the Flames to be the one responsible for keeping the other team honest?

Video will follow.

Definitely late early and a penalty but it was clean in the sense that it was shoulder on shoulder.
Probably a good lesson for Dube to not glide in watching the puck.

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Have to admit I was surprised to see Hamonic to be the one to step up and try to make Gudbranson answer for the blindside hit he had laid that put him into the box to begin with.

Hamonic was in way over his head fighting a heavyweight and unfortunately got rocked pretty hard.

Kinda set the tone for the way the entire game played out.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Good fight and kudos to Hamonic for staying in there. Goody is a big lad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->