GTA 6 officially in development

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
First: I never said it would be bad, all my negative perceptions could become reality and it could still be good. Second: you're right, I dont know what the game is going to be. I'm just feeling which way the wind is blowing and making a prediction.

That said, your question has really already been answered by all the other comments in this thread saying "yeah sure they're gonna change this or that in GTA 6, but you're ignorant if you even liked those things in the first place". That would probably be many peoples exact response "Oh, you want them to keep those things? You must be a shallow, bad, person." These responses can be summarized with 3 letters, but I wont go there.

There is plenty of humor that can still be done obviously, such as the anti-corporate humor in 5, the anti-cop humor in SA, etc etc but I want you to brace yourself, because being an honest person having a good faith conversation, I'm going to get into specific things, many which I do not condone, but were in previous games, but only because you directly asked.

Could you have a character like OG Loc from San Andreas who is a very unintelligent rapper who the game openly makes fun of in his various radio segments through the game? I think maybe. Could you have a character like Trevor who openly talks about SAing people? I dont believe you could. Could you have blatant racial stereotypes? I dont think we're going to be seeing that. How about objectification of women? Lol, not happening in *current year*. You know that thing where you pay a hooker, kill the hooker, and then rob her dead body to get your money back? What are the odds that you'll be able to do something that psychotic in GTA6? How about even something as basic as going to war with a haitian gang and exclusively killing hundreds of black people? You can bet your ass that gang must be multiracial. These are just things off the top of my head.

Just to clarify, I do not approve of discrimination or murder or other serious crimes, obviously.

My prediction for GTA 6: There will be constant 4th wall, self-referential moments and meta commentary on how bad and ignorant the previous games humor was.

These posts are getting long, I know.
If you can't shoot random pedestrians then it won't be any kind of open world game, never mind a GTA game.

As for anything else, you have no idea what the game's going to be. You've heard an extremely broad, vague, second hand statement about the general content of a game which is several years away from release and you're not only pretty convinced you're not going to like it, you're getting worked up about your own imagined scenarios. If the player character is female, do you really think there won't be any inappropriate comments about this from other characters in game? What do you even mean by blatant racial stereotypes, and if the inference is that these are somehow offensive, why do you find them entertaining? If something related to gang warfare features, are you going to be upset if a gang features someone who you think isn't the right colour?

I asked you about the game sincerely because I found this thread and the responses in it really quite bizarre. I didn't know what they were based on. After seeing your concerns, I still don't understand them, but at least I know what they are.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
If you can't shoot random pedestrians then it won't be any kind of open world game, never mind a GTA game.

As for anything else, you have no idea what the game's going to be. You've heard an extremely broad, vague, second hand statement about the general content of a game which is several years away from release and you're not only pretty convinced you're not going to like it, you're getting worked up about your own imagined scenarios. If the player character is female, do you really think there won't be any inappropriate comments about this from other characters in game? What do you even mean by blatant racial stereotypes, and if the inference is that these are somehow offensive, why do you find them entertaining? If something related to gang warfare features, are you going to be upset if a gang features someone who you think isn't the right colour?

I asked you about the game sincerely because I found this thread and the responses in it really quite bizarre. I didn't know what they were based on. After seeing your concerns, I still don't understand them, but at least I know what they are.
You see, I'm the exact opposite. I understand your point of view exactly, and pretty much predicted your response to the detail.

Could I be wrong and GTA will push the envelope like previous games but in different way? Of course it could, I'm just not holding my breath.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
What is this thread ? Wow
It's a testament to Rockstar, Kotaku, and Bloomberg knowing how to do their jobs well. Particularly the latter two.

One site (Bloomberg) writes a shitty a vague article with intentionally misleading verbiage and secondhand statements that is sure to ruffle feathers of dedicated players, especially edgelords and "anti-woke/PC" chads. Normally no one would give a shit because who cares what Bloomberg says about video games? Then Kotaku quotes that article with even more vagueness, but is more trusted as a source of video game info. Nothing concrete and the game is years from release. But look, they have everyone talking about the game, AGAIN.

I encourage you to read more than just the headline. The article didn't say anything about making the game more PC.
It seems clear that some people didn't read the articles... They're so vague and say nothing about making the game PC. The only culture shift seems to be that Rockstar might stop treating their employees like piece of garbage slaves.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's a testament to Rockstar, Kotaku, and Bloomberg knowing how to do their jobs well. Particularly the latter two.

One site (Bloomberg) writes a shitty a vague article with intentionally misleading verbiage and secondhand statements that is sure to ruffle feathers of dedicated players, especially edgelords and "anti-woke/PC" chads. Normally no one would give a shit because who cares what Bloomberg says about video games? Then Kotaku quotes that article with even more vagueness, but is more trusted as a source of video game info. Nothing concrete and the game is years from release. But look, they have everyone talking about the game, AGAIN.

It seems clear that some people didn't read the articles... They're so vague and say nothing about making the game PC. The only culture shift seems to be that Rockstar might stop treating their employees like piece of garbage slaves.
The opening three paragraphs of the Bloomberg article are about the various steps that Rockstar has taken recently to be more "PC," including telling GTAVI developers to be "cautious not to 'punch down' by making jokes about marginalized groups." They're all specific, not vague or misleading, so I don't agree with your characterization of the article. It seems well-written and non-sensational to me.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The opening three paragraphs of the Bloomberg article are about the various steps that Rockstar has taken recently to be more "PC," including telling GTAVI developers to be "cautious not to 'punch down' by making jokes about marginalized groups".
Only someone who has issues with women in a Battlefield game would take something like that and turn into a negative.

They are trying to be more self-aware. Was RDR2 "PC"? That game was much more mature than the original game, no one complained about that.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
The opening three paragraphs of the Bloomberg article are about the various steps that Rockstar has taken recently to be more "PC," including telling GTAVI developers to be "cautious not to 'punch down' by making jokes about marginalized groups." They're all specific, not vague or misleading, so I don't agree with your characterization of the article. It seems well-written and non-sensational to me.
I think shelving the cops and robbers at that time pretty reasonable, given how many jobs are in GTAO this was pretty minor anyway. One of the ‘steps’ of gender pay doesn’t involve the game, it involves treating their real life employees better. And adding a female character being a “PC” move is an opinion.

Also the people they’re quoting about the ‘punching down’ comment are “people familiar with the game” which is vague and means nothing. Everything else gets attributed to “the people”. Someone ‘familiar with the game’ could mean anything. I don’t believe these “people” are anyone notable whose comments are worthwhile. I don’t expect a name-drop but they would have at least been identified as a rockstar employee or if they were actually notable.

Sep 19, 2008
Few minutes into reviewing the leaks and I can conclusively say anyone bitching about how GTA 6 was too "PC" or being toned down because of a female character is just silly. Take a look at the videos if you want. Already one of them is rambling about social media and the data being sold to the chinese, cussing up a storm. "Yeah, sure, and there's a country called 'Finland'" he says sarcastically. Oh, how I missed that GTA wit

Also, it stands to figure that everyone in this game is basically Florida Man :laugh:

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Looks like your standard GTA. My opinion on the series is that it's always been "fine". The games never really blew me out of the water (other than SA), but I usually get around to playing them and for the most part I enjoy them. I'm sure this one will be no different.

Sep 19, 2008
Looks like your standard GTA. My opinion on the series is that it's always been "fine". The games never really blew me out of the water (other than SA), but I usually get around to playing them and for the most part I enjoy them. I'm sure this one will be no different.
Good point, I used to think GTA was the best but for open world AC and even Yakuza have them beat

Not to say GTA isn't the best though, no other game is as fun in terms of triggering policemen and committing rampant crime :laugh:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

Was already obvious but leaks are confirmed. Looks like a work from home rockstar employee got phished and the hacker got full access to the Rockstar slack channel.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Videos were already taken down before I could see.
they are still everywhere lol.

game looks great for the early stage of development its in. Going to be a looker.

But of course people who have zero idea of how video game development workds are judging the games graphics based on Pre-Alpha footage lol

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

Click on the images or the link below to go to the Twitter thread, where you can then click on the thumbnails to see the full images and see his replies for more screenshots.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014

Was already obvious but leaks are confirmed. Looks like a work from home rockstar employee got phished and the hacker got full access to the Rockstar slack channel.

Absolutely love the look, this game is going to be beyond beautiful. Pretty unfortunate for Rockstar, but I don't think it'll matter too much in the long run.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Absolutely love the look, this game is going to be beyond beautiful. Pretty unfortunate for Rockstar, but I don't think it'll matter too much in the long run.
I agree. It looks fantastic. I'm not so sure on the whole Bonnie and Clyde theme, but then again I was skeptical of the way GTA V was done with Franklin, Michael AND Trevor.... and it turned out to be beyond incredible.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I agree. It looks fantastic. I'm not so sure on the whole Bonnie and Clyde theme, but then again I thought I was skeptical of the way GTA V was done with Franklin, Michael AND Trevor.... and it turned out to be beyond incredible.
I agree with the ambivalence on the Bonnie and Clyde thing as well, Rockstar is one of the few, maybe the only, video game developer that I have unwavering faith in.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad