GTA 6 officially in development

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Change is bad mmmkay

We aren't saying we think women are bad, we just don't want them as playable characters and we especially don't want women to maybe enjoy playing the games we like.

No, we are just hating on cancel culture! Never mind how we react to the news that a woman is going to be character in a game, this isn't about that!
Why do women need to like every single thing we do? Maybe some things simply aren’t geared towards the vast majority of women, there are plenty of things not geared towards the majority of men. If women don’t like it why is that enough a reason to change it?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Is there actually a single comment in this thread criticizing the female protagonist as opposed to the cultural sensitivity part? People love directors like Tarantino or Scorcese because theyre not afraid to depict bad people and bad things without the entire movie stopping and having some moral pure hearted compass character giving a lecture and saying that's the bad guy and how wrong they are. Extremely rare in most movies.

That was super common in the gaming space not long ago, you're never going to see that again, games are made by a bunch of scarf wearing, marketing degree, MBA having NPCs. Dont take the blue pill or the redpill my fellow gamers, take the black pill. ITS OVER.

Why do women need to like every single thing we do? Maybe some things simply aren’t geared towards the vast majority of women, there are plenty of things not geared towards the majority of men. If women don’t like it why is that enough a reason to change it?

Exaactly, wow somebody got offended, better change this multi-billion dollar franchise so people dont tweet about it. I'm always baffled at how powerful anons on twitter are.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
My post shitting on them making the game more culturally sensitive was before it even came out that the main character was a women. I do not care inherently what gender the main character is....if they are a good character. The idea of making GTA more PC though is still hilarious. Not expecting anything from this game.

• Haha
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It is business (expand the customer base to sell more copies) and creative (to do something the series hasn't done before), it is nothing personal or nefarious.

The things that make GTA will still be in the game: wide open world, emmergent gameplay and satirical take on American society.

The only change is that we will get to see the story and world from a new perspective. Try to self-reflect as to why you have such a problem with that. No one is actually after you and the things you like, this isn't about you or men.

Reactions: John Price

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Exaactly, wow somebody got offended, better change this multi-billion dollar franchise so people dont tweet about it. I'm always baffled at how powerful anons on twitter are.
Who got offended by what? All we know is that GTA VI will have a female lead.

They are trying something new for sales and creative reasons (and this probably started as a creative endeavour) and for some reason a bunch of boys are outraged because they want to feel victimized "they are siding with Twitter over me, the faithful customer!".

Get over yourselves.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
My post shitting on them making the game more culturally sensitive was before it even came out that the main character was a women. I do not care inherently what gender the main character is....if they are a good character. The idea of making GTA more PC though is still hilarious. Not expecting anything from this game.
I encourage you to read more than just the headline. The article didn't say anything about making the game more PC.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Is there actually a single comment in this thread criticizing the female protagonist as opposed to the cultural sensitivity part? People love directors like Tarantino or Scorcese because theyre not afraid to depict bad people and bad things without the entire movie stopping and having some moral pure hearted compass character giving a lecture and saying that's the bad guy and how wrong they are. Extremely rare in most movies.

That was super common in the gaming space not long ago, you're never going to see that again, games are made by a bunch of scarf wearing, marketing degree, MBA having NPCs. Dont take the blue pill or the redpill my fellow gamers, take the black pill. ITS OVER.

This is actual drivel and you should feel ashamed for thinking it was worth posting.

Also shows how shallow minded you are. '"I don't agree with how this story is protrayed so it's garbage and everyone who thinks otherwise is wrong"

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
This is actual drivel and you should feel ashamed for thinking it was worth posting.

Also shows how shallow minded you are. '"I don't agree with how this story is protrayed so it's garbage and everyone who thinks otherwise is wrong"
And in 2 years you'll be saying this when it's a mainstream opinion and socially acceptable acting like you never changed your opinion 180 degrees (really you probably won't even remember)

Who got offended by what? All we know is that GTA VI will have a female lead.

They are trying something new for sales and creative reasons (and this probably started as a creative endeavour) and for some reason a bunch of boys are outraged because they want to feel victimized "they are siding with Twitter over me, the faithful customer!".

Get over yourselves.
It's a pattern, I think someone else in this thread pointed out the original Bloomberg article. I have a very strong suspicion a bunch of human resources friendly NPCs have taken over rockstar from within and are wearing it's skin.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
And in 2 years you'll be saying this when it's a mainstream opinion and socially acceptable acting like you never changed your opinion 180 degrees (really you probably won't even remember)

It's a pattern, I think someone else in this thread pointed out the original Bloomberg article. I have a very strong suspicion a bunch of human resources friendly NPCs have taken over rockstar from within and are wearing it's skin.

Or, Rockstar, like a lot of studios had a deeply rooted culture of toxicity and mistreatment that needed to be cleaned up?

You drones are all the same in your claims of oppression and cancel culture.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
The only people I see getting offended are Gamers whining about a single vague line in a Kotaku article, "[Rockstar is] trying to be more culturally sensitive".

My post shitting on them making the game more culturally sensitive was before it even came out that the main character was a women
They were known at the same time.

Reactions: Beau Knows

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
This thread is ridiculous about a game we know very little about. Rockstar has gone through some changes higher up that are of more concern, but the two games they’ve released in the last 10 years have been bangers so I’m not too worried.

Reactions: John Price

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Did you seriously use NPCs in a non-sarcastic way?

We will see if Rockstar trying to curb crunch will work out, I hope it does. Because that is the main thing the Bloomberg article talks about.

There is this one line
Developers are also being cautious not to “punch down” by making jokes about marginalized groups, the people said, in contrast to previous games.

Which is pretty tame: none of the GTA games had very many jokes I felt went too far. Some stereotyping was funny (exaggerated accents) but who really cares if a Latino character doesn't sound like a caricature? That's not a bad thing.

Basically you have no idea what you are talking about.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Did you seriously use NPCs in a non-sarcastic way?

We will see if Rockstar trying to curb crunch will work out, I hope it does. Because that is the main thing the Bloomberg article talks about.

There is this one line

Which is pretty tame: none of the GTA games had very many jokes I felt went too far. Some stereotyping was funny (exaggerated accents) but who really cares if a Latino character doesn't sound like a caricature? That's not a bad thing.

Basically you have no idea what you are talking about.
So basically, people are ridiculous to be worried, because even though everything people are worried about happening is probably going to happen, it's actually a good thing if it does happen.

NPC is the most powerful and important word in the English language. It encapsulates the pre-programmed, cliched thought and speech patterns people have. Absorb that word and it's meaning into your mind and break free of the confines of the matrix.

Anyways, the game is years out and a lot can change, i could be wrong I'll admit that.
Or, Rockstar, like a lot of studios had a deeply rooted culture of toxicity and mistreatment that needed to be cleaned up?

You drones are all the same in your claims of oppression and cancel culture.
Trust me, you'll like my take on the "toxic culture" housecleanings across the industry even less than my opinion on this story. I won't even go there.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
NPC is the most powerful and important word in the English language. It encapsulates the pre-programmed, cliched thought and speech patterns people have. Absorb that word and it's meaning into your mind and break free of the confines of the matrix.
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Sep 19, 2008
it seems like this game is triggering a lot of people even with how little we know about it

any hype is good I guess

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
You guys dont realize it, but you're embodying the mindset thats probably going to affect the development of this game. "You should be ashamed to think that" "Its not happening and if it is happening its actually good" "you're the one who's offended!" "uh..well...THAT happened"

The programming is strong.

I'm sure this game is gonna have some good graphics though. I'm all about them graphics.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
guys dont realize it, but you're embodying the mindset thats probably going to affect the development of this game. "You should be ashamed to think that" "Its not happening and if it is happening its actually good" "you're the one who's offended!"
You people constantly claim that multi million dollar game studios bow to the whims of offended randos on twitter- yet the only people I've ever seen "offended" are you lot. Like in this thread, which has exactly zero (0) people calling for GTA6 to be more "culturally diverse", yet a whole lot of people crying about it.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019

This is the part people are upset about. It has nothing to do with a female protagonist.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You guys dont realize it, but you're embodying the mindset thats probably going to affect the development of this game. "You should be ashamed to think that" "Its not happening and if it is happening its actually good" "you're the one who's offended!" "uh..well...THAT happened"

The programming is strong.

I'm sure this game is gonna have some good graphics though. I'm all about them graphics.
What are you actually worried about? In what way(s) do you think GTA 6 will be bad? Since we don't know what the game is, how do you think previous GTA games would differ if the same apparent creative standards of 6 were applied to them?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
What are you actually worried about? In what way(s) do you think GTA 6 will be bad? Since we don't know what the game is, how do you think previous GTA games would differ if the same apparent creative standards of 6 were applied to them?
First: I never said it would be bad, all my negative perceptions could become reality and it could still be good. Second: you're right, I dont know what the game is going to be. I'm just feeling which way the wind is blowing and making a prediction.

That said, your question has really already been answered by all the other comments in this thread saying "yeah sure they're gonna change this or that in GTA 6, but you're ignorant if you even liked those things in the first place". That would probably be many peoples exact response "Oh, you want them to keep those things? You must be a shallow, bad, person." These responses can be summarized with 3 letters, but I wont go there.

There is plenty of humor that can still be done obviously, such as the anti-corporate humor in 5, the anti-cop humor in SA, etc etc but I want you to brace yourself, because being an honest person having a good faith conversation, I'm going to get into specific things, many which I do not condone, but were in previous games, but only because you directly asked.

Could you have a character like OG Loc from San Andreas who is a very unintelligent rapper who the game openly makes fun of in his various radio segments through the game? I think maybe. Could you have a character like Trevor who openly talks about SAing people? I dont believe you could. Could you have blatant racial stereotypes? I dont think we're going to be seeing that. How about objectification of women? Lol, not happening in *current year*. You know that thing where you pay a hooker, kill the hooker, and then rob her dead body to get your money back? What are the odds that you'll be able to do something that psychotic in GTA6? How about even something as basic as going to war with a haitian gang and exclusively killing hundreds of black people? You can bet your ass that gang must be multiracial. These are just things off the top of my head.

Just to clarify, I do not approve of discrimination or murder or other serious crimes, obviously.

My prediction for GTA 6: There will be constant 4th wall, self-referential moments and meta commentary on how bad and ignorant the previous games humor was.

These posts are getting long, I know.

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Change is bad mmmkay

We aren't saying we think women are bad, we just don't want them as playable characters and we especially don't want women to maybe enjoy playing the games we like.

No, we are just hating on cancel culture! Never mind how we react to the news that a woman is going to be character in a game, this isn't about that!
That's not even close to what I said mmmkay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad