Recalled/Assigned: Gryba, Grant and Dziurzynski

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Over under on a Dizzy vs Brown or Orr fight?

David is a pretty tough guy, but even the new slimmer Orr might still be too much for him. I think Dizzy will be pretty pumped for his debut and go for it anyways though.

Gryba is also a tank so I could see him scrapping as well.

I doubt either are in Orr's league, let's not forget how often Orr dropped Carkner who was considered one of the toughest enforcers in the NHL. If anyone goes with Orr I would bet on Neil who has shown before he will fight anyone & proved it against Lucic & Orr in the past. Neil can at least hold his own & that is all he has to do, answer the bell & hold his own. But for once I want to see other guys supporting Neil, Foligno would do it from time to time as would Cowen & Smith. We need other guys to step up in a physical way too, we can't allow our team to be pushed around. Hopefully DD & Gryba play a physical role Saturday night too.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Maclean has a ways to go before he's held in the same regard as Jacques Martin for Ottawa. He had his flaws but he was a major part in making this team relevant

Liked Martin in the first few yrs but that quickly dissipated when he wouldn't allow his team to respond in the playoffs against TO. Was out coached by Quinn every time & never liked him after that, very glad he was fired. And he played Lalemmon.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Maclean has a ways to go before he's held in the same regard as Jacques Martin for Ottawa. He had his flaws but he was a major part in making this team relevant

i loved clouston in his first year here. i think everyone else did too, including the players.

enough said. too soon.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Not a fan of Gryba, but he deserves the callup. Glad Murray is giving all the kids a chance to see what they can do.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
various_types_of_tanks_military_highdefinition_picture_168725.jpg

The rest of the year is sure going to be fun...

speaking of which, what is up with Andre Petersson. I recall some sort of injury... but what is the word on him?

Berserker*

Over under on a Dizzy vs Brown or Orr fight?

David is a pretty tough guy, but even the new slimmer Orr might still be too much for him. I think Dizzy will be pretty pumped for his debut and go for it anyways though.

Gryba is also a tank so I could see him scrapping as well.

Somebody will likely challenge Dizzy during the game. Dizzy is a big hitter and there is a good chance that he crushes one of the leafs d men on the forecheck at some point.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Well hes the best D-man left in Bingo and we need a new guy.

Hes 24 and has earned his shot.

Now or never.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

2:40

then 4:20

oh, and 7:05

BRING THEM ALL UP

(**** the score)

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's weird but a lot of the time you can judge how tough a guy is looking at his face. Orr looks like a tough guys...DD also looks like a tough mofo. I hope he goes in on Saturday and really throws his weight around.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Mclaren could be the wild card in the game on Saturday if the Leafs dress him. He is huge & also an enforcer, not sure who would fight him if it comes to that, hopefully our Bingo guys know him & know what to expect.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Mclaren could be the wild card in the game on Saturday if the Leafs dress him. He is huge & also an enforcer, not sure who would fight him if it comes to that, hopefully our Bingo guys know him & know what to expect.

One shot to the dick and he goes down. No worries.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Riemer is out & Scrivens will be the goalie so that should give us a chance to win Saturday night. We have to play well defensively, shoot at him from everywhere & crash that net. We've lucked out a number of times so far this yr with backup goalies & this is another opportunity to win this one.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

holy sheet. you are are like an encyclopedia of tough guys in the nhl. i'll give you that.

Berserker*

Dziurzynski or Gryba can handle McLaren just fine. Is Brown still injured or is he expected to play on Saturday?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
holy sheet. you are are like an encyclopedia of tough guys in the nhl. i'll give you that.

No, I give that title to Bruiser he knows a lot more about tough guys than I do. I like size remember, size matters.

Hey Bruiser is Andrej Sustre tough?

Berserker*

No, I give that title to Bruiser he knows a lot more about tough guys than I do. I like size remember, size matters.

Hey Bruiser is Andrej Sustre tough?

I haven't seen him play and it is difficult to assess the toughness level of NCAA players. They can be pretty tough in the NCAA but once the cage comes off and they have to answer for their actions some of them become a lot less physical.

Speaking of Sustr though, he is ranked as the 2nd best NCAA free agent by this blog http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/2013/2/13/3985172/top-15-nhl-free-agent-prospects-in-the-ccha-wcha

With all the injuries on D, Murray might go hard after him.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I haven't seen him play and it is difficult to assess the toughness level of NCAA players. They can be pretty tough in the NCAA but once the cage comes off and they have to answer for their actions some of them become a lot less physical.

Speaking of Sustr though, he is ranked as the 2nd best NCAA free agent by this blog http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/2013/2/13/3985172/top-15-nhl-free-agent-prospects-in-the-ccha-wcha

With all the injuries on D, Murray might go hard after him.

Last yr I was reading that Ottawa was in the lead to sign this guy, we have been reading about him now for a few yrs. I'm guessing this is the yr it could happen & he leaves college, hopefully everyone is right & he signs with us. We'll see.

Good list Bruiser, there are a few interesting guys on there.

Last edited:

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Good to see these guys called up. With the depth we are already into, I can't see the team wanting to risk another injury. I could see Toronto instigating things and trying to get someone to dance with their to fugly daughters but I hope that Ottawa shows some class and just beats the **** out of them on the scoreboard and prevent further injuries. Might have bring coach Richardson out of retirement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad