Recalled/Assigned: Gryba, Grant and Dziurzynski

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
This season won't be complete until we bring up someone who played for Elmira! Poor Bingo fans.

Except mango, he deserves this for all the spoilers in the chat!

Still, I will enjoy watching that "second" line.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
@ian_mendes: Here are forward lines: Condra-Turris-Silfverberg. Zibanejad-Da Costa-Alfredsson. Daugavins-Smith-Neil. Dziurzynski-Grant-O'Brien

@ian_mendes: Colin Greening is skating as the extra forward today -- and could be a healthy scratch tomorrow at Toronto.

Mendes also said Methot was skating with Gryba

We're actually a couple of injuries away from being an AHL team in the NHL. Is there a more injured organization as a whole in the NHL?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I like this for Ottawa, hate it for Bingo. At least they still have Lehner. That's all you really need.

This was needed for the Toronto game. Toronto is trying to bully their way to a playoff spot and without our top players they could run us on the score board and on the ice. At least if Orr or Brown try anything, some one will be able to answer.

Also LOVE the fact that Greening is possibly sitting out. Grant and DD are coming for your job young Newfie. I think Grant will take it when all is said and done. He's the real deal.

Bruiser and Aragorn, rejoice my friends.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
I feel so sorry for Maclean through all of this.

The management surely has to stick by him through this stretch.

source

Jul 13, 2008

There just aren't enough games left to be played that could lead to a situation where there is pressure to fire the man.

Unless we go sub .250, I see him staying on.

Berserker*

There is no risk of that. They have seen what he can do with a healthy roster, so they won't hold it against him when he is trying to win with an AHL squad and 9 or 10 NHL players

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I like this for Ottawa, hate it for Bingo. At least they still have Lehner. That's all you really need.

This was needed for the Toronto game. Toronto is trying to bully their way to a playoff spot and without our top players they could run us on the score board and on the ice. At least if Orr or Brown try anything, some one will be able to answer.

Also LOVE the fact that Greening is possibly sitting out. Grant and DD are coming for your job young Newfie. I think Grant will take it when all is said and done. He's the real deal.

Bruiser and Aragorn, rejoice my friends.

I think you are being a little hasty, I doubt the Sens are willing to throw away a guy with his size and speed.

MacLean just has to find a way to get him playing with an edge.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yea ...:handclap: ... now we got some size .... :laugh:

BTW too many on here posting what I call a quitter mentality. These are professional athletes, they will not quit, they will not tank, they will continue to play hard & do their very best & I would expect nothing less. As fans let's support them to do their best, let's encourage them to win & play as hard as they can. Let's show the entire NHL that Ottawa never quits, we never give up & we will never tank for anything or anyone. I want my team to never quit under any circumstances not tank, not quit when things get tough & their fans shouldn't give up so easily as well. Now go out their & give them hell! :yo: Thank you, thank you very much.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Good this will make the game interesting. Gotta get use to watching with the hope of losing.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Last time we called up a bunch of players from Bingo in 2010-2011 they performed well

I don't expect to win but I do expect the team to play tighter than they have in the last few games (I missed most of the Penguins game and stopped watching after Karlsson was injured): from the sound of it Maclean is changing the system and that is something to be excited about.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Paul MacLean is the best coach this organization has ever had imo. If he can get us through this - and if we actually make the playoffs, then Bettman needs to hand deliver the Jack Adams in a bowl of Quaker oats.

If this board turns into a TANK TANK TANK forum (like it surely will) then I'm done with HF for a while. I've stepped back from the edge since the EK incident - now I'm just exited to see how our AHL team can do.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Never tank. Always try to win. Winning teams are bred from winning mentalities.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Paul MacLean is the best coach this organization has ever had imo. If he can get us through this - and if we actually make the playoffs, then Bettman needs to hand deliver the Jack Adams in a bowl of Quaker oats.

If this board turns into a TANK TANK TANK forum (like it surely will) then I'm done with HF for a while. I've stepped back from the edge since the EK incident - now I'm just exited to see how our AHL team can do.

Haven't you heard our AHL team is now playing in the NHL? :laugh:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Over under on a Dizzy vs Brown or Orr fight?

David is a pretty tough guy, but even the new slimmer Orr might still be too much for him. I think Dizzy will be pretty pumped for his debut and go for it anyways though.

Gryba is also a tank so I could see him scrapping as well.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Maclean has a ways to go before he's held in the same regard as Jacques Martin for Ottawa. He had his flaws but he was a major part in making this team relevant

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00