Recalled/Assigned: Gryba, Grant and Dziurzynski

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Who cares about McLaren and Orr? They're just staged fighters. No one is required to fight them.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
I think a few great passes, a couple of thunderous hits, no goals against, and maybe a point would work better than the fight. Might be a better longer term strategy.

Bazel5

Apr 4, 2011
I'm curious to see how well Noeson would respond if we were to call him up. Although a stint in the AHL first is always ideal, it wouldn't be absurd to give him a chance given our circumstances.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm curious to see how well Noeson would respond if we were to call him up. Although a stint in the AHL first is always ideal, it wouldn't be absurd to give him a chance given our circumstances.

Can't call him up until Plymouth's season is over. I expect them to go DEEP this year. That team is absolutely stacked.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
My hope is that they don't engage the Leafs with fights. Play physical but stay clear of fights if possible. The Leafs' 4th line is made up of tough, no-talent goons; don't fight them, try to exploit them with goals.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
How many off the Calder cup team have since played games in the NHL?

Either 19 or 20 of the 29 guys that saw ice time (that includes the three guys called up today though who've yet to actually play). Don't remember if some of their NHL games were before or after the win.

Last edited:

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
@ian_mendes: Here are forward lines: Condra-Turris-Silfverberg. Zibanejad-Da Costa-Alfredsson. Daugavins-Smith-Neil. Dziurzynski-Grant-O'Brien

Greening hasn't exactly played well and I've knocked him for it in my posts but Daugavins has been worse IMO. I'd keep the bigger body and faster skater in the lineup for this game at least. Daugs may be useful on the pk but others can handle that role.

Greening is a +3 while Daugs is a well deserved -6 for goodness sakes he's the worse of the 2. It's not the time to send Greening any messages outside of a good private raking over the coals. Why would Stache even consider dressing Daugavins over Greening for this game when they could have 2 very physically solid bottom lines?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Greening in the press box will wonders for him. He'll see that the guys getting minutes ahead of him are using their big bodies and being aggressive. He's a smart guy, he'll clue in.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Greening hasn't exactly played well and I've knocked him for it in my posts but Daugavins has been worse IMO. I'd keep the bigger body and faster skater in the lineup for this game at least. Daugs may be useful on the pk but others can handle that role.

Greening is a +3 while Daugs is a well deserved -6 for goodness sakes he's the worse of the 2. It's not the time to send Greening any messages outside of a good private raking over the coals. Why would Stache even consider dressing Daugavins over Greening for this game when they could have 2 very physically solid bottom lines?

Greening sitting in the pressbox will do more to wake him up then sitting Dauggy IMO. Greening is going to see Dizzy and Grant playing instead of him and get his **** straightened up. He just needs a reality check that his job isn't as safe as he thinks it is and has to get back to what made him successful last season.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Greening in the press box will wonders for him. He'll see that the guys getting minutes ahead of him are using their big bodies and being aggressive. He's a smart guy, he'll clue in.

There's a bad time to send a message and this is it. Play your best assets. Of all the available forwards Daugs is the one that won't be with the Sens next year. He earned his 1 way contract because he had arbitration rights otherwise he'd be in Bingo right now.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
There's a bad time to send a message and this is it. Play your best assets. Of all the available forwards Daugs is the one that won't be with the Sens next year. He earned his 1 way contract because he had arbitration rights otherwise he'd be in Bingo right now.

I don't think much of daugavins personally but he's at least been playing with some fire in his belly. Greening has been awful. There's no way getting around it. He's soft, he makes **** decisions with the puck and he hesitates. There's no room for that. In my opinion, his worst game (of many) was on Wednesday and he deserves to be sitting in the press box despite the weakness of the forwards ahead and behind him. This will help him realize he's expendable and that he has to play a certain way to hold down a role in the greatest league on the planet.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Damn lockout, despite the current situation I'm highly starving for hockey. Got up at 5 AM this morning to go play a game. Same thing monday morning. I feel like 20's again

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see many people say that we have an AHL line-up but IMO only Benoit, Daugavins and DD are or should be AHL players...

All the others are some of our best prospects. Despite the fact that things have been to hell so far this season, I enjoy the possibility of watching future Senators players that should be here for a while (unless traded) :

Wiercioch, Grant, Silfverberg, Da Costa and Zibanejad.

DD, Benoit and Gryba are probably just stop gaps.

I think the right thing to say would be that our line-up is stacked with rookies, not AHL players.

I think there's a difference between Mika Zibanejad and Denis Hamel

Poor Bingo.

No Zibanejad, Da Costa, Gryba, Wiercioch, DD, Grant, Stone or Hoffman.

lol I have no idea why people always forget about Andre Petersson, who was Bingo's 2nd best scorer last year. Another injured for the year.

You're also missing Benoit (and even Cowen + Silfverberg but they were going to be NHLers anyway)

Yea ...:handclap: ... now we got some size .... :laugh:

BTW too many on here posting what I call a quitter mentality. These are professional athletes, they will not quit, they will not tank, they will continue to play hard & do their very best & I would expect nothing less. As fans let's support them to do their best, let's encourage them to win & play as hard as they can. Let's show the entire NHL that Ottawa never quits, we never give up & we will never tank for anything or anyone. I want my team to never quit under any circumstances not tank, not quit when things get tough & their fans shouldn't give up so easily as well. Now go out their & give them hell! :yo: Thank you, thank you very much.

I'm like the opposite of what you call a quitter mentality, but it's not that they won't be trying. But it's hard to win consistently in the NHL without most of your elite/star talent (Cowen, Karlsson, Spezza, Michalek, +?) and with so few NHL games experience. We were already a young inexperienced rebuilding team and we couldn't afford to miss our game breakers if we were to make the playoffs

Check the NHL experience on the team outside of Alfie, Gonchar, Phillips and Neil (who aren't in their prime days anymore)

Methot (289 GP), Lundin (245 GP), Smith (166 GP) and Turris (200 GP) are our veterans now?

Maclean has a ways to go before he's held in the same regard as Jacques Martin for Ottawa. He had his flaws but he was a major part in making this team relevant

Or Bryan Murray

speaking of which, what is up with Andre Petersson. I recall some sort of injury... but what is the word on him?

Thank you for talking about him. I sometimes feel that AndrePetersson (the poster) and I are his last 2 fans in NA lolz

Difference is I have no expectations for Daugavins who shouldn't be a NHL player IMO. Makes a good play once in a while but nothing special, even for a 4th liner. 13th reserve forward who wouldn't play if you don't get injuries... but...

I'm pretty sure he's well aware what's missing from his game. No idea why he can't adjust but he had a rating like 3.9/4.0 in college. Yes, he's likely very smart.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I'm with you & have been defending Greening but he should have learned by now that he needs to be more physical consistently game in & game out to play in the NHL. I would prefer Greening over Daugavins but keeping him out of a big game like this for him could be the wake up call he needs. In NFLD they grew up either Habs fans or Leaf fans so a lot of family back home would be watching this game, that will hurt not playing. I really hope it lights a fire under him, not so much to score more but to get involved physically more, the scoring will come from that. Smith needs to step up as well, Daugavins should be put on waivers IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad