OT: Grunkle Big's Bar & Lounge: The Gravity Falls Memorial Indoctrination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Bioshock is the only non-JRPG in my top personal top 5 games of all-time list.

It's a good thing it was so great because it was literally the only reason I owned a 360 for a solid 4-5 years :laugh:

just thinking about playing a shooter without a mouse and keyboard makes me uncomfortable at this point :laugh: I played the hell out of goldeneye, turok, perfect dark, and time splitters back in the day, so I guess I can do it for a good game. Man, I want more of those kinds of shooters. Just let me carry 15 different guns and run around shooting guys. None of this jumping between cover or only being able to carry a pistol and 1 rifle. I really need to play Doom. I bought FF9 at the same time though, and I started it first. Its the only main series FF game I haven't played, and I am just awful at trying to bounce between multiple games at once.

Last edited:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'm as useless as using a mouse & keyboard layout as I am with chopsticks. The more I try, the more pathetic the failure gets.

So I may or may not be using my XBone controller to play through Doom on the PC...

edit: I'm a bit jealous of getting the chance to play FFIX for the first time. I still haven't played that one a second time, I'm way overdue for a replay...but with my backlog that may happen sometime around 2020. Vivi is the best.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm as useless as using a mouse & keyboard layout as I am with chopsticks. The more I try, the more pathetic the failure gets.

So I may or may not be using my XBone controller to play through Doom on the PC...

that's just ridiculous.

I feel like Doom doing well will have to bring a bit of a resurgence to that kind of shooter, right?

I'm not far in to FF9 yet. I just got the weird blue mage frog monster. Its really good so far, but what the hell is up with this weird blue mage frog monster :laugh: On a similar note, I cannot wait to see how Cait Sith is handled in the FF7 remake.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Shooters had been growing stale for a while, it's a genre based on finding trends and exploiting it until the trend is dry. I expect we'll see another round of Doom clones in the following years until it gets driven into the ground and we're ready to revisit World War II again.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
that's just ridiculous.

I feel like Doom doing well will have to bring a bit of a resurgence to that kind of shooter, right?

I'm not far in to FF9 yet. I just got the weird blue mage frog monster. Its really good so far, but what the hell is up with this weird blue mage frog monster :laugh: On a similar note, I cannot wait to see how Cait Sith is handled in the FF7 remake.

FF9 is secret genius. It's my favorite PS1/PS2 Final Fantasy. :yo:

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
That song plus "Daydreaming" and "True Love Waits" are ****ing incredible, but other than those I thought AMSP was kind of disappointing. The rest of it kind of blurs together.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
That song plus "Daydreaming" and "True Love Waits" are ****ing incredible, but other than those I thought AMSP was kind of disappointing. The rest of it kind of blurs together.

No argument here. It's on the same tier as Hail to the Thief for me...which kind of makes sense considering Burn the Witch is a song once intended for Hail to the Thief (and still resides there in part with the phrase being used in promotional artwork and album booklet).

I hate Radiohead.

/ducks

They're definitely not for everyone.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I hate Radiohead.

/ducks

I hate you.

tumblr_nubxnzT98i1tswyjoo1_500.gif

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Admittedly I've hated Radiohead for a long time but that seems like the kind of thing you just keep to yourself nowadays.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I'm not gonna harp on anyone for liking Radiohead (or anyone I don't find enjoyable), but I certainly don't hear the appeal in their music. I just have weird taste. I still play the crap out of all the 3EB albums, so there's that.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm not gonna harp on anyone for liking Radiohead (or anyone I don't find enjoyable), but I certainly don't hear the appeal in their music. I just have weird taste. I still play the crap out of all the 3EB albums, so there's that.

assuming 3EB is third eye blind, I'm with you.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I've made an attempt to watch more cartoons these past couple months...no matter how much I try I just can't get Adventure Time to click for me for whatever reason. Gravity Falls, on the other hand, has me entirely too enthralled for being ostensibly a kid's show (though I can't picture any of my nephews getting anything out of it).

Frisky Dingo is the best cartoon since Futurama.

I'd consider both of those adult animation and not cartoons. Huzzah for slight differences that only make sense if you're in the industry!

Both are amazing.
9b406268dd0dd866a9603e562add4aa8.jpg

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I recently started binging Trollhunters which is a Netflix exclusive adventury "kids show" headed up by Guillermo del Toro, so there's a definite dark vibe to it. I would be fine with my 7 year old watching but it would probably scare the hell out of my 4 year old daughter.

It's definitely a del Toro monster story but a bit more whimsical than Pan's Labyrinth or the like.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I've made an attempt to watch more cartoons these past couple months...no matter how much I try I just can't get Adventure Time to click for me for whatever reason. Gravity Falls, on the other hand, has me entirely too enthralled for being ostensibly a kid's show (though I can't picture any of my nephews getting anything out of it).

I can't get into adventure time at all either. Never tried Gravity Falls.
I'd consider both of those adult animation and not cartoons. Huzzah for slight differences that only make sense if you're in the industry!

Both are amazing.

They make sense, but I think its a made up distinction by the industry. Adult animation would be a subset of cartoon.

tumblr_lia3emuWWS1qgt3ngo1_500.gif

I recently started binging Trollhunters which is a Netflix exclusive adventury "kids show" headed up by Guillermo del Toro, so there's a definite dark vibe to it. I would be fine with my 7 year old watching but it would probably scare the hell out of my 4 year old daughter.

It's definitely a del Toro monster story but a bit more whimsical than Pan's Labyrinth or the like.

I've heard good things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad