GDT: Grumpy Old Men vs Grumpy Old Men 7 pm EST

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1709868889797.gif

Not the statistically best player tonight, but I'll be damned if I don't award tonight's game puck to Ivan Miroshnichenko for the first NHL goal of his career.

Honorable mentions to the entire rest of the team.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I agree with Tom. No reason we can’t compete. I don’t know if we move patches or Dowd tomorrow. I still hope so. But regardless this group needs to learn to win! It feels good!
Any team seriously interested in Lindgren/Dowd are gonna have to pony up! I saw on trade board a thread that was indicating Patches strongest preference is going to the Panthers.

Reactions: DWGie26

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
AA clearly has a lot of good tools, hopefully he can keep developing them. He still can struggle a bit with his awareness, but hopefully more time can help him. Big defensemen historically can take some time to develop, and unfortunately he’s has injuries early in his career which has cost him some real key development time. I’m hoping more time really lets him grow, because he has potential for sure.

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
AA clearly has a lot of good tools, hopefully he can keep developing them. He still can struggle a bit with his awareness, but hopefully more time can help him. Big defensemen historically can take some time to develop, and unfortunately he’s has injuries early in his career which has cost him some real key development time. I’m hoping more time really lets him grow, because he has potential for sure.

Agree, have been impressed with recent play by AA.

Reactions: LesDiablesRouges

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
AA I think is only age 23, so he still has room to grow into a better player. Can't be making the same mistake like we did basically dumping Siegenthaler.

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
I had heard that the Pens had been playing awful, but never expected them to look this bad, especially against the Caps. That team is in serious trouble and I don't really see how they can turn it around with having essentially a bare cupboard when it comes to young players. About the only move they can make besides adding some free agents is a coaching change. They are completely boxed into a corner. Credit to GMBM for putting us in a much better position to inject youth in the lineup and actually have some roster options going forward.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
It's so confusing. But 6-0 vs the Pens will never get old.
Caps hadn't shutout the Pens in Pissburgh since Holtby did it(12/27/2014) making 31 saves for the shutout in an 3-0 win. I fact checked my LOL and found out I was wrong about when it last happened and that Beaupre never had 33 saves but actually 26.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Great win.

Might aswell keep selling. Seems like the more vets we are missing from the line-up, the better this team is getting. 5+ goals scored in 4 of the last 7 games now. After reaching that mark how many times in the first 50 games?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad