Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
ti110269[1].jpg

NHL Line Combinations - Washington Capitals

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I pay for the second highest cable package w verizon so I can get B10 network, monument etc

few days ago I wanted to watch something on Monument Sports and it said it was out of my subscription?

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Doesn't matter what happens. Both teams will be irrelevant for the near future.

Just curious what you guys think - which team has the brighter near term?

I think the Caps have better young depth, but none of those young players are ever going to be elite. Maybe it's a matter of dim and dimmer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil Racki

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Why?

It's not like they'll be better next season.

I think the Pens traded a 1st round pick to SJ for Karlsson which is top 10 protected or something like that... so if they win the lottery they keep the pick, but if they finish outside of the top 10, they are guaranteed to ship the pick to SJ?

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017

I think the Caps have better young depth, but none of those young players are ever going to be elite. Maybe it's a matter of dim and dimmer.
Leonard looks like an elite player. Not generational, but Elite.

I may be more bullish on Lapierre than some on this board, but I think he can be special as well.

Reactions: Neil Racki

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Leonard looks like an elite player. Not generational, but Elite.

I may be more bullish on Lapierre than some on this board, but I think he can be special as well.
He's fascinating. Well they both are, but Lapierre has one of the weirdest development trajectories you could hope to find. Not only was he already limited in his draft year by injury, but the pandemic absolutely f***ed that time period up and robbed a lot of players of development time. He was something of a steal when picked because of those factors, but then it only got weirder and he lost out on some development.

Now he's starting to find that adult edge where he's willing to make plays and so far has been getting rewarded for being more assertive and using his skill when he thinks it's possible.

I don't think he's going to have some massive breakout 80+ point season but I think he could find his way to a 2C role in the next few years and maybe sniff 60 if it all goes perfect.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

Sometimes you dim sum and sometimes you lose some.

Sorry everybody .. sorry ... I know .. im hungry but still .. im leaving, one last sorry.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
It's Pittsburgh.

Beat them by six.

And in the face.

Hoping for a Malkin tantrum and ejection.

He's fascinating. Well they both are, but Lapierre has one of the weirdest development trajectories you could hope to find. Not only was he already limited in his draft year by injury, but the pandemic absolutely f***ed that time period up and robbed a lot of players of development time. He was something of a steal when picked because of those factors, but then it only got weirder and he lost out on some development.

Now he's starting to find that adult edge where he's willing to make plays and so far has been getting rewarded for being more assertive and using his skill when he thinks it's possible.

I don't think he's going to have some massive breakout 80+ point season but I think he could find his way to a 2C role in the next few years and maybe sniff 60 if it all goes perfect.

It's all about patience. He needed a few years to grow. I agree.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I think the Pens traded a 1st round pick to SJ for Karlsson which is top 10 protected or something like that... so if they win the lottery they keep the pick, but if they finish outside of the top 10, they are guaranteed to ship the pick to SJ?

I'm not a fan of top 10 protection. Teams either want it or not. This league.

Reactions: Calicaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad