World Cup: Group F: South Korea vs. Germany, Mexico vs. Sweden; 6/27/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
If leagues start suspending players for obvious embellishments, at least we could cut down on this ugliness.

The leagues won't do that cause people in real football countries enjoy watching embellishment. Americans and Finns might not understand it but why should the leagues care about us.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
There is something to be said for Klose’s goal total.

I grew up in West Germany during the days of Voller, Rummenigge and Klinsmann and they were stellar but you can’t deny that Klose was a vital component of a system that largely succeeded for a decade or more.

Ultimately a striker is asked to score goals and that’s what he did.
He is a good striker, I agree. Because someone had to finish off those opportunities for team Germany, and he did, But I just don’t consider him at the level of previous German strikers.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
If Germany scores and Sweden wins 1-0, Mexico is out. It would be stunning if Germany blows it by failing to beat South Korea.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If Germany and Sweden win 1-0, who goes through?

All teams will be at 6 points, 3-2 goals

Mexico is out.

All three teams would be at 0 goal difference in the games between them but Sweden and Germany would have 3 for, 3 against and Mexico would have 2 and 2.

I'm not sure if the tie breakers are re-applied between just Germany and Sweden in that case to determine the top spot. If they are it'd be Germany, if not it'd be fair play points and Sweden has a decent edge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad