Euro: Group F: Hungary vs. Portugal, 6/15/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
3rd goal was a goal worthy of their talent. Not a good performance overall imo for the Portuguese.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Who's decision was it to go from 16 teams to 24 teams?

Wait till you find out what's happening with WC 2026. Tbh even though this makes the tournament less entertaining, I really like the expansion to 24 teams considering how many soccer nations Europe has. Even with this one, Serbia/Romania/Greece/Ireland are missing and those aren't small countries.

From a fairness point of view, it makes sense to have it at 24, that way you get at least half the teams in Europe in the tourney and it feels like more of a proper European championship. I agree that as a non-European neutral, it isn't as interesting.

Reactions: cgf

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ronaldo will get the headlines but Rafa Silva won that match.

I was very unimpressed with Portugal’s tactics today, but I guess they treated this as a dress rehearsal for France and Germany? No other reason they needed both William and Danilo today

Reactions: TheShape

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Wait till you find out what's happening with WC 2026. Tbh even though this makes the tournament less entertaining, I really like the expansion to 24 teams considering how many soccer nations Europe has. Even with this one, Serbia/Romania/Greece/Ireland are missing and those aren't small countries.

From a fairness point of view, it makes sense to have it at 24, that way you get at least half the teams in Europe in the tourney and it feels like more of a proper European championship. I agree that as a non-European neutral, it isn't as interesting.

Already stoaked for 2026. Can't wait to watch the thrilling match up between Uzbekistan and France in 2026. Should be absolutely fantastic! Brazil vs the Solomon Islands or New Zealand should also be a classic as well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't see why people have a problem with 24 teams. As though an extra 8 teams suddenly changes the entire landscape.

Reactions: cgf

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Who's decision was it to go from 16 teams to 24 teams?
UEFA to cash in some quality $$$$$$ and line their pockets.

Euro at 16 teams was the best quality soccer tournament in the world. I'll talk about the game later after I step back from the ledge, but is anyone surprised with our actual play with Santos in charge? So infuriating to watch us play so lethargic and ponderous with the quality available, that clown shackles us so much.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

FabledKnight

Feb 20, 2008
Ronaldo will get the headlines but Rafa Silva won that match.

I was very unimpressed with Portugal’s tactics today, but I guess they treated this as a dress rehearsal for France and Germany? No other reason they needed both William and Danilo today
How did Rafa win this game? He was turning the ball over and over the moment he sub on. If anything Renato had a bigger impact.

member 305909

I don't have a problem with the number of teams with the WC expanding to 48 teams but you can't have a good tournament-format with that number of teams. Those three team groups suck big time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I left the game at the 80th and missed the 3 goals.
Is it me or is it a very weak penalty call and an offside goal for Ronaldo?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I left the game at the 80th and missed the 3 goals.
Is it me or is it a very weak penalty call and an offside goal for Ronaldo?
I mean no one is claiming it was a masterclass HA! it was a weak penalty and on my feed we never too a close look at the 3rd goal. Portugal didn't deserve to win. They didn't even look good.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
UEFA to cash in some quality $$$$$$ and line their pockets.

Euro at 16 teams was the best quality soccer tournament in the world. I'll talk about the game later after I step back from the ledge, but is anyone surprised with our actual play with Santos in charge? So infuriating to watch us play so lethargic and ponderous with the quality available, that clown shackles us so much.

This is the conversation i had with my dad uncle and cousin on sunday. The tactics were fine in 2016 when the skill level wasnt there but those tactics now with all the talent wont work. Santos is not the right manager for this group of players.

Reactions: TheShape

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad