World Cup: Group F: Germany vs. Sweden, 6/23/2018

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kap-the-Head

Jan 7, 2006
Saint Charles, IL
Russia is truly a backwards country... Everything there is opposite of what is supposed to be. Russian NT is winning, 2014 WC finalist losing.... What's going on????

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I think in retrospectives of this German debacle in Russia, we may look at the key being that theres a pretty big gap between Kroos the player we imagine him to be and Kroos the player he is. Already against Mexico, his errant passes were a major problem because he cannot recover and defend. Today it directly led to the Swedish goal. Kroos's tendency to be a passenger in midfield after turnovers is the problem for which this German team has no answer.

Reactions: The Moose

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
This result isn't that big of a surprise. Germany haven't brought a talented team to Russia. They still have Mario Gomez playing FFS.

I can't believe Sane was left behind.

How does that always happen with me? I should start trashing Arsenal when down once in a while. They'll probably score out of no where too.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
If this ends in a tie, Sweden will play for a tie against Mexico, which has no reason to push any harder. If Mexico opens up too much they risk losing, and thus a meeting with Brazil in R16. Both team would have too much to lose with a defeat, so probably it would be a snooze fest that ends up in a draw.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
If this ends in a tie, Sweden will play for a tie against Mexico, which has no reason to push any harder. If Mexico opens up too much they risk losing, and thus a meeting with Brazil in R16. Both team would have too much to lose with a defeat, so probably it would be a snooze fest that ends up in a draw.
Weirder shit has happened.

Reactions: The Moose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad