GDT: Group F • May 8 • Sweden 2, Switzerland 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Two penalties were clear (Plüss and Rüthemann), the other two were very weak calls.
Switzerland with a very nice boxplay.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Fasth looking at another clean sheet possibly?

Damn, at this rate I do hope the Rangers take a chance on him.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Horrible game of hockey. Hooks, tripps and holds everywhere rightfully called that slowed down the game.

Big game for Backlund, good for us.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
Fasth with his third clean sheet of the tournament in four starts, yet Ersberg gets to start against canada. Brilliant coaching right there.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
This game was very... boring. Woke up when Backlund scored, what a freaking bomb that was. Had no idea he could shoot the puck like that.

Congrats to Fasth aswell, buuh@MÃ¥rts

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Fasth with his third clean sheet of the tournament in four starts, yet Ersberg gets to start against canada. Brilliant coaching right there.

No I agree with that decision. Why start the starter back-to-back days for a game without real importance. Winning the group or not doesn't matter, we can't choose our opponent in the quarter anyway. Better for him to be fresh for the quarter with great confidence, rather than let him get run over and maybe exposed against Canada so his confidence takes a turn right before where the tournament starts.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I never knew that Calle Johansson was that smug....Sodergren, sure, but not Calle.

Go Wikegard!!

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
This game was very... boring. Woke up when Backlund scored, what a freaking bomb that was. Had no idea he could shoot the puck like that.

Congrats to Fasth aswell, buuh@MÃ¥rts

98 mph at the Flames skills challenge. :)

Any place i can watch highlights?

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
The game against Canada is almost meaningless. As long as Fasth plays in the quarters it does not really matter.

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
No I agree with that decision. Why start the starter back-to-back days for a game without real importance. Winning the group or not doesn't matter, we can't choose our opponent in the quarter anyway. Better for him to be fresh for the quarter with great confidence, rather than let him get run over and maybe exposed against Canada so his confidence takes a turn right before where the tournament starts.

Agreed.

In the off chance of it happening; I'd rather have Ersberg lit up by the Canadians then Fasth.
Worst case scenario? Canada lights him up in a meaningless game and he's benched for the rest of the tournament. Best case scenario; he rebounds from his disastrous Norwegian game.

Nevertheless, the game versus Canada is meaningless - might even be better to lose it :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad