Who advances?

• Total voters

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Well, that was a crazy game.

slovakia vs spain?

Think Sweden could actually have a fair chance there unless England figures out their offensive ineptitude.

england whooped our ass in wc 2018 and euro 2012 and they will do it again.

thougt if we look before 2010, england always had problems with sweden for some reason.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
well i dont see why not. korea and mexico do not have better players than us
Mexico and Sweden were a close comparison heading into that tournament, I think would have even given a slight edge to Mexico. Finished with the same points and went out at the same time as well.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Think Sweden could actually have a fair chance there unless England figures out their offensive ineptitude.

Always a bit random in play off games.

Sweden were hardly brilliant against Spain. Beating Slovakia and a fairly disjointed Poland isn't that special.

Don't get me wrong. Sweden aren't a bad team. They are difficult to play against, but they need Greece-style luck to go far in this tournament.

And that is not a Norwegian disliking Sweden. I always support the other Nordic teams - and typically Sweden over Denmark. This year I might prefer Denmark though - a lot more fun to watch these days.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Mexico and Sweden were a close comparison heading into that tournament, I think would have even given a slight edge to Mexico. Finished with the same points and went out at the same time as well.

we swedes have fighting spirit and great coaches which allows us to get better resualts than we actually should have . we need to take this into consideration when talking about how good a team is, if one team have better passing and techinal skills than another team it does not mean they are better as a team .

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Half of these players I want to never put Slovak shirt on ever again. Hubocan, Satka, Weiss, Duris, Kucka (sorry man it’s over), Hrsovsky, Hromada. Hamsik’s time is over too, and hopefully Dubravka will be replaced with Rodak.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Always a bit random in play off games.

Sweden were hardly brilliant against Spain. Beating Slovakia and a fairly disjointed Poland isn't that special.

Don't get me wrong. Sweden aren't a bad team. They are difficult to play against, but they need Greece-style luck to go far in this tournament.

And that is not a Norwegian disliking Sweden. I always support the other Nordic teams - and typically Sweden over Denmark. This year I might prefer Denmark though - a lot more fun to watch these days.

i would say we where briliant against spain, defensivly.

slovakia and poland are better than u give them credit for.

we are either meeting czech or ukraine as i get it , not exactly france level on those teams.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
i would say we where briliant against spain, defensivly.

slovakia and poland are better than u give them credit for.

we are either meeting czech or ukraine as i get it , not exactly france level on those teams.

If you say so. Based on what the Slovakians think of their team they tend to agree with me though.

I haven't seen any of the Ukraine games, but I would be surprised if Sweden wouldn't have a fair shot in that game. Czech I would say would be pretty close to 50/50. From what I have seen the Czech Republic is slightly better.

Next round, if it is England, I would expect England to win, but as I said I don't think it is 90/10 or anything like that in favour of England. 70% maybe.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If you say so. Based on what the Slovakians think of their team they tend to agree with me though.

I haven't seen any of the Ukraine games, but I would be surprised if Sweden wouldn't have a fair shot in that game. Czech I would say would be pretty close to 50/50. From what I have seen the Czech Republic is slightly better.

Next round, if it is England, I would expect England to win, but as I said I don't think it is 90/10 or anything like that in favour of England. 70% maybe.

last time norway made it to wc or euro was 2000. are u optimistic norway will make it to wc 2022?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Half of these players I want to never put Slovak shirt on ever again. Hubocan, Satka, Weiss, Duris, Kucka (sorry man it’s over), Hrsovsky, Hromada. Hamsik’s time is over too, and hopefully Dubravka will be replaced with Rodak.

hamsik was best player on pitch against sweden. he is still only 33 and signed with a turkish team. he has some years left in his tank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad