Euro: Group E: Poland vs. Slovakia, 6/14/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I'm really miffed I missed the second half of that game, the first was first-rate football, exciting, up-and-down back-and-forth, none of this passing around until the other team falls asleep. Kudos to both teams! (But Slovakia more :D )

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lewandowski might be the best finisher going, but he doesn't contribute much else to the team at all. In these games it's just as much the team not helping him as it is him not helping the team.
Indeed, but somehow here, you can't criticize him.
I'd take a Kane or Benzema before him for most teams
But if you have a juggernaut team where all you need is someone to bang in the goals, you take Lewa (similar to Trezeguet in that regard).

Reactions: Live in the Now

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
What about you telling us now a lot about how crow taste :)
I mean Poland was very poor and we probably would have lost without the red card. Still need to make few changes heading into next game. Hancko must be in there for Hubocan. Still would like to see Benes start but oh well. Hromada was good as a screener. Let’s hope Pekarik is alright

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Awful, now we lost our chance to make the knockout stage. This game was one of the most important for us, because now Spain and Sweden will probably beat Slovakia. Polska will have to beat Sweden and will probably have to draw Spain which is a tough task considering we lost to effin' Slovakia.
I mean, Polish NTs and even clubs are losing with Slovak teams more than regularly, so it shouldn´t be surprising for you.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Poland's misfortune is that their generational talent plays the one position that relies most on competent support from other positions in order to make an impact. If they had a Hamsik type player to support Lewandowski the team would be a totally different type of equation.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
They do have Zieliński who is about as good a player you can reasonably expect to have. But wings are very weak without Błaszczykowski, Piszczek & co.

Reactions: S E P H

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Injuries must be huge for Poland. I liked them to go to the knockout stages but then I looked at their lineup and meh. Felt like there was a lot missing

member 305909

Who would have ever thought that Slovakia gets a better result from a soccer-tournament than from a hockey-tournament?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Who would have ever thought that Slovakia gets a better result from a soccer-tournament than from a hockey-tournament?

They've always survived the group stage so far, wouldn't be that surprising if they do it again.

Reactions: Ivo

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Allegri said he prefers to keep Szczesny over signing Donnarumma.....
Lol, that's like the best lol I've had in such a long time. I have no effin' clue what Juve saw in Szczesny in the first place, Fabinski has always been the superior goalkeeper.
Poland's misfortune is that their generational talent plays the one position that relies most on competent support from other positions in order to make an impact. If they had a Hamsik type player to support Lewandowski the team would be a totally different type of equation.
Polska is having to play through some key injuries forcing them to play Zelinski as a winger instead as a #10. Now I am not sure how much of a difference he'd make, but he most definitely make more creativity for Lewandowski than whatever he did as a winger.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Well I mean individual talent that we have in football is higher than hockey. We have a world class CB and a great GK. Plus depth in the middle, of course still need a striker.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Poland lost 4 out of the last 5 matches against Slovakia, so I am baffled at your surprise and superior attitude.

i think it might be becuse poland is super good at so many sports, like hockey, handball, basketball etc so they think they are super good at soccer too.

Reactions: flemo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad