GDT: Group E • May 7 • Finland 2, Slovakia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
As expected.. Very sloppy hockey after these 2 periods due to back to back tough games for these teams. Finland just looks lost out there though hehe... Slovakia still has hope. Russia should beat Finland on Monday and Slovakia can sneak in the Quarters. :nod:

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Ok, better period from us. I think we'll take this. SVK play is totally gone and their defs look slower and slower. If our speed continues, we'll score. If we score once, there will be panic in the opponent allowing us more good chances.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Team Slovakia is like Greece in soccer EC2004. Shame on you, I used to like you. Only one team is playing hockey and that is Finland.

edit. I mean I don't mind teams like Germany, Latvia or Denmark playing like that but this Slovak has way more talent than this Finnish team. And still they're playing anti-hockey. **** you Hanlon.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Team Slovakia is like Greece in soccer EC2004. Shame on you, I used to like you. Only one team is playing hockey and that is Finland.

Meh, when we actually tried to "play hockey" it ended up with us playing hockey and the other team scoring the goals.....

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Phew... Hanlon thinks this kind of hockey would win world championship.. this trap just ruined my saturday night. Atleast the score is thight so there is some exitement.

tikkanen5rings*

No Kapanen? Why did you break Immonen-Granlund -pairing? Why is Immonen with two grinders when he is the best goal scorers in the team? Jarkko isn't going to score on that line.

Here is something that I would try:

Aaltonen-Koivu-Lahti
Ruutu-Immonen-Granlund
Philström-Kapanen-Pesonen
Joensuu-Nokelainen-Komarov
Pyörälä

Yes NO Kapanen. Have you seen how many goals Immonen missed so far? His puck handling is total carbage! If he knew how to receive a pass he'd be world class. Don't mess with my lines they are the only way THIS team should be played period.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Funny that the crowd favorites Granlund and Komarov can also miss such easy chances, especially Granlund's epitomizes Finnish hockey right. We play good, fast and clever, but when you just have to push the puck into the net you grip the stick too hard and fan on it.

Anyways, Ruutu has definitely been the worst player on ice today, if he continues like this I'm expecting Jalonen to drop him and put Pyörälä - Koivu - Aaltonen as #1

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
OMG we are horrible... Slovaks are tired but cmon

Whats the point to turn always back to our blue line, our d's suck.

Kapanen line is horrible... our new lines suck. Immonen's line is only one performing.

Put Aaltonen with Ruutu and Koivu and only play those two lines.

This is such a lame game.

Wtf Immonen is miles better than Kapanen and he is able to create chances and handle puck in the traffic.

PapaQ

Jun 18, 2010

edit. I mean I don't mind teams like Germany, Latvia or Denmark playing like that but this Slovak has way more talent than this Finnish team. And still they're playing anti-hockey. **** you Hanlon.

Seriously, what do you expect from those veterans? We had "talent" 10 years ago. Now they cant really keep up with the opponent.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Meh, when we actually tried to "play hockey" it ended up with us playing hockey and the other team scoring the goals.....

Meh. I loved Slovakia in 2005-2010 but this team with Hanlon is just a waste of talent.

I might (and i prolly am) a sore loser but my heart bleeds seeing talented Slovakin team playing like this.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
What do you people see in Aaltonen really? Except for the Denmark game, he has sucked almost as much as Janne Lahti...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Seriously, what do you expect from those veterans? We had "talent" 10 years ago. Now they cant really keep up with the opponent.

There are prime players too. Gaborik had a nice shot, but where is Hossa? He should be dominating in the same fashion Koivu is for Finland.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Meh. I loved Slovakia in 2005-2010 but this team with Hanlon is just a waste of talent.

I might (and i prolly am) a sore loser but my heart bleeds seeing talented Slovakin team playing like this.

Really? Did you love the 08 and 09 Wc team, which were even more atrocious to watch than this one? Or the Olympic team which did play trap under Filc against the better teams, and it is the only reason why they beat Russia and Sweden..... also in the 2010 IHWC the team played prett offensively even under Hanlon and the result was zilch in the end....Slovakia sucked between 2005-2010 and the only time we played nice offensive hockey in those years were 05 and 07 WHC ad 06 Torino Olympics, which actually ended in the Czechs winning us even though they sucked in the tourney before that game..... the best hockey we played was around 2002...

And I don´t know why anyone even expected Slovakia to play offensive in this game? Our game against Germany and Russia were nice games to watch and we ended up losing by one goal, why the hell would we even consider playing an open game when we have our last chance to accomplish anything in the tourney?

tikkanen5rings*

What do you people see in Aaltonen really? Except for the Denmark game, he has sucked almost as much as Janne Lahti...

Aaltonen handles the puck at same level as Pavel Datsuyk. He's shot is ****ing horrible! but for a casual WC fan he seems like a GT guy. Lahti would be a good scorer if he was used properly. Park him in front of the goal with a decent playmaker and there you go. Jalonen's "coaching" has left me speechles.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
That was a missed call against Slovakia. Clear holding against Granlund...

EDIT; and clear interference against Ruutu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad