GDT: Group E • May 7 • Finland 2, Slovakia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I expect very tough game for Slovakia. According to what I've seen they had problems to skate with cze yesterday. And now less than 24 hours later do or die game with Finland, which is even faster team than cze? :shakehead Not good at all.

If I was Hanlon I'd bench Halak and try to put someone else to the net. It's desperate move, but he's got nothing to lose right now.

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
I expect very tough game for Slovakia. According to what I've seen they had problems to skate with cze yesterday. And now less than 24 hours later do or die game with Finland, which is even faster team than cze? :shakehead Not good at all.

If I was Hanlon I'd bench Halak and try to put someone else to the net. It's desperate move, but he's got nothing to lose right now.
Halak is confirmed. Bartecko is out of roster.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Any news, hanlon still in and stuff?

Any roster info for this game?

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
It would be a damn shame if the host country had to leave the tournament early. The Slovakian crowd deserves to see their team move on. I hope Slovakia can pull off a win here.

MJAYK

Jan 19, 2010
Dances with the wolves
Well, I expect close game, but result will be something like 2:3 or 3:4?? I think we will stay in the course :help::

Our guys should listen to this great old stuff :laugh::

BTW Systemfel, Bartečko was scratched due to injury. Ružička is in ;).

As an OT, could you link some of the songs that they keep playing during the games? They are annoyingly memorable :D

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
As an OT, could you link some of the songs that they keep playing during the games? They are annoyingly memorable :D

During the games of team Slovakia you can hear e.g. this song. It's folk song of the people from Záhorie, region located in northwest out of Bratislava ;)

Macejko

Last edited:

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Well, the way this tournament has been going, I'd say that Finland will win excellent scoring chances about 10-2. And the score itself? Slovakia 2, Finland 1... (Though hopefully it won't go like that.)

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Atleast Pyörälä won't hog the puck as much as Aaltonen which should give Koivu and Ruutu more time and space.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
I assume our (lack of) speed is some kind of tactics, as we constantly use slow start offense. Maybe it's being used to take the first steam out of SVK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad