GDT: Group E • May 7 • Finland 2, Slovakia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
Stupid... stupid...

And how can the Finnish PK suck so much?

One word Kukkonen...

Finland is outclassed 10-0 no freaking way in hell we'll have a chance to win this. And we need like 30+ shots per goal anyways. I'm rooting for Slovakia anyways Finland needs to NOT make the quarter finals so i don't have to see Jalonen's face ever again. Lose this in regulation and that'll be it since Finland has zero chances against Russia.

Atleast we have Pyörälä in the first line!!

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Ok, we knew SVK would come hard in the beginning. We handled that apparently with the slow start
offense, but I don't want to see my team play like that the whole game. Our game is based on speed.

edit: And SVK defense is neither fast nor enduring. We need the speed to wear them out as soon as possible. We have it, we should use it.

I'm also pissed about the penalty where SVK scored (the call was good and the goal was nice, no talk about those), but c'mon coaches. I think our school system was good enough to teach simple counting from 1 to 5 already when the coaches were in the preliminary school. This kind of rookie mistakes are unacceptable in the most important game until now.

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
When did Slovakia became a trap team? We should try to get our forecheck going, but Slovakia slows the game speed down and traps the play. Better dumps on better forecheck!

Latex*

BTW what the **** was Pyörälä doing in that goal :help:

Last edited by a moderator:

cenas*

BTW what the fu** was Pyörälä doing in that goal :help:

He was sucking. Its a miracle he is paid to play, he is the poor mans Miettinen, which is just insane if you think about how plain Miettinen is..

TeppoWinnipeg

Nov 29, 2010
Ok, we knew SVK would come hard in the beginning. We handled that apparently with the slow start offense, but I don't want to see my team play like that the whole game. Our game is based on speed.

I'm also pissed about the penalty where SVK scored (the call was good and the goal was nice, no talk about those), but c'mon coaches. I think our school system was good enough to teach simple counting from 1 to 5 already when the coaches were in the preliminary school. This kind of rookie mistakes are unacceptable in the most important game until now.
How was the too many players penalty coaches fault??

PJM

Feb 18, 2006
When did Slovakia became a trap team?

Their head coach is Glen Hanlon. It would be a miracle if they weren't. The contrast is huge. Slovakia used to be an entertaining team to watch, but now they are like Belarus but just with more skilled players.

Last edited:

PapaQ

Jun 18, 2010
Finland should start playing, if they want to win this. Or are they really this bad?

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
How was the too many players penalty coaches fault??

They know the pair of the player who switches. Of course the player needs to make sure his switch is good, but the the coach playing the offense or the coach playing the defense needs to be alert as the backup for that if the players make mistakes in the process.

Latex*

Väänänen has been awesome so far in this tournament.

TeppoWinnipeg

Nov 29, 2010
They know the pair of the player who switches. Of course the player needs to make sure his switch is good, but the the coach playing the offense or the coach playing the defense needs to be alert as the backup for that if the players make mistakes in the process.
Too many players on the ice is rarely coaches fault. Players know who they are changing with and they make mistakes sometimes. The reason that happened was because Komarov or who ever was coming of the ice collided with a slovakian player on center ice..

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Too many players on the ice is rarely coaches fault. Players know who they are changing with and they make mistakes sometimes. The reason that happened was because Komarov or who ever was coming of the ice collided with a slovakian player on center ice..

As I said, the off coach or respectively def coach is the backup for that. The commotion was caused by the fall of a player indeed, but the off/def coach should've been alert and not let the switch go out. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad