Euro: Group D: Scotland vs. Czech Republic, 6/14/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Played well, just couldn't find the back of the net. To cause some drama, it would be great to beat England!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I can’t believe Scotland haven’t scored. They are creating so much down the wings. Andrew Robertson has litteraly been Cristiano Ronaldo.

I don't think you'll find Ronaldo also being the guy winning balls at the goal line!

Reactions: AB13

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Said it at half time and I'll say it again. Abysmal. Got it completely wrong from the start, from the team selection to the tactics. Home game in a major tournament and bottled it as usual.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Scotland, excellent effort in your return to a major tournament. Thwarted by excellent goalkeeping.

Via UEFA.com...Patrik Schick has become the first player to score two goals in a game for the Czech Republic since Milan Baroš in June 2004

Ah yes..Milan Baros and Oleg Salenko..two prime showcase examples of how being top scorer of a major tournament does not mean as much as you may think it does.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Said it at half time and I'll say it again. Abysmal. Got it completely wrong from the start, from the team selection to the tactics. Home game in a major tournament and bottled it as usual.
That seems harsh. Wide players had a lot of joy, Scotland created chances, and they played hard throughout.

Lost to a wonder goal and some insane saves.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Scotland will be in trouble if they lose by multiple goals to England. Czechs looked ok but as somebody mentioned allowed a lot of chances, Croatia lately have struggled to create even against the likes of Malta and Cyprus recently

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Thrilled with the win but I'd say Scotland was unlucky.. they generated a lot of great chances and the Czech D seemed very leaky. The cleansheet doesn't really reflect our D in this one. Glad they fought and gutted it out though! 2 goals is nice as well.

There were a lot of good chances in this game.. wide open 2nd half.

Reactions: 24 others

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
E32a3P2UYAQ6Hmq

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
That seems harsh. Wide players had a lot of joy, Scotland created chances, and they played hard throughout.

Lost to a wonder goal and some insane saves.

Sure, we created chances, from which we should have scored at least a couple. Was a poor performance overall though. Big mistakes leading to both Czech goals too.

One wide player had a lot of joy. Robertson. Nothing came down the right until Forrest came on.

Steve Clarke has his favourites and that's my big issue. Stephen O'Donnell isn't an international player in a million years. Christie has had a shocking season for Celtic but starts. Look at the difference when Adams came on for him. McGregor has been awful of late but comes on as a sub.

For the first time in a while Scotland have a young core of talented players, but instead of playing them and building a squad for the future he largely plays the same dross that only managed to get us in the back door.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Good game from both sides. Scotland unlucky at times. They showed great passion and skill.
Schick being the difference.
But let’s not forget, Czechs did have more than just those 2 chances. They could have potted more as well. I think they deserved it in the end but will have to improve to get any kind of result against England or Croatia.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Scotland, excellent effort in your return to a major tournament. Thwarted by excellent goalkeeping.

Via UEFA.com...Patrik Schick has become the first player to score two goals in a game for the Czech Republic since Milan Baroš in June 2004

You'd think UEFA would get this sort of statistic right, but they didn't. The last player to score two for the Czechs was Rosicky at the World Cup in 2006 (two goals in a 3-0 victory in the first group game, against the US).

Reactions: maclean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad