Euro: Group D: Scotland vs. Czech Republic, 6/14/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This game is in Glasgow. I've never had a chance to mention it before, but I find it very interesting how the Czechs qualify for every Euro since 1996 regardless of the size of the competition, but they've only been to one World Cup and can't get back. Not only do they not get back but they haven't even made the qualifying playoff since then. That being said, this could be different. They're in the Nations League group winners list so they have an advantage if they don't finish in the top two in qualifying for that. But anyway, enough about that subject. I just thought it was interesting.

If there's a winner here, that team has a great chance of advancing even with the two more difficult games in front of them. Scotland has the best player in the match on their team, but there's only so much a left back can do to carry their team. Both midfields have some very tall players. A lot of the Czech players play in their domestic league so I can't pretend to know much about them. Most of their players weren't on the 2016 team either. As for Scotland, their team is what it is and everyone knows how those kinds of teams play. And everyone's seen a lot of their players play frequently. It's too bad England weren't forced to go to Glasgow with full fans during this group. The venom in the crowd that night would have been incredible.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The best opportunity for Scotland to snatch a win. Would absolutely love to see it but I'm not getting my hopes up. This Czech team has some quality to it.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I don't know whether to take some solace in the fact that the favourites have largely won so far, or to worry that means we're going to the be first to buck the trend...

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Tierney is injured. What a massive blow to the Scots.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
One of those matches were I’d like to see a result one way or another. Although it would be nice to see Scotland so better than England. For lols

Reactions: robertmac43

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Jeepers, whenever it looks like we might be breaking forward and catching the defence off-guard, we just turn around and pass it back to the defenders anyhow

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
McGinn is always whining. Can't stand that oompa loompa looking weirdo.

The Czechs really need to pick it up. They haven't bothered getting out of first gear.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
This is something out of the English lower leagues, mostly nothing going on but few moments of excitement

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Scotland are by far the better team so far, and that’s simply down to passion and desire. Amazing intensity and will to win every duel from every player. Most of the scottish players are not very technically gifted but they do work so so hard, and they simply want it more.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
McGinn is always whining. Can't stand that oompa loompa looking weirdo.

The Czechs really need to pick it up. They haven't bothered getting out of first gear.

Sometimes I think we haven't had a first gear since Nedvěd retired.

Scotland are by far the better team so far, and that’s simply down to passion and desire. Amazing intensity and will to win every duel from every player. Most of the scottish players are not very technically gifted but they do work so so hard, and they simply want it more.

Passion and desire I'll give you, better team so far not by a long shot

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad