Euro: Group D: England vs. Scotland, 6/18/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
A pure number 10 that has an underwhelming touch, doesn’t create at all outside of set pieces and scores a low number of goals isn’t a guy with high end ”skill and intelligence”. He ruins attacks multiple times every game because he has ridiculously bad vision and can’t make the right decisions with the ball. .
No. I'm talking about Mason Mount.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

They're massive idiots for not playing him. Even if you take his actual talent out of the equation, he also gets fouled more than everyone else by far. Given how many goals in international football come from set pieces this would be quite the advantage.

Better than KDB is complete insanity though.

I also think they should have tried to get Vardy to come to the tournament. They really need someone who can fly behind the defense while they're carrying the ball in defense or midfield and they just don't have that.

But I think more than anything else the fact we're talking about this is reflective of a team that isn't all that good anyway, or good enough to play with the real contenders. That's really all there is to it. They have some key components but they're too young.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
No. I'm talking about Mason Mount.
Mount is actually quite a substantial downgrade from Dele Alli who started at the last world cup. I don’t understand how people don’t see this. Offers less in terms of off ball movement and pressing which are his biggest strenghts.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
But I think more than anything else the fact we're talking about this is reflective of a team that isn't all that good anyway, or good enough to play with the real contenders. That's really all there is to it. They have some key components but they're too young.

So much this.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Alli has been better than Mount? What in the world lol
Alli had class numbers and was one of the leagues best between 2015-2019. Better roaming ability, IQ, pressing, goal threat and creative threat than Mount. Mourinho ruined him a bit though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They're massive idiots for not playing him. Even if you take his actual talent out of the equation, he also gets fouled more than everyone else by far. Given how many goals in international football come from set pieces this would be quite the advantage.

Better than KDB is complete insanity though.

I also think they should have tried to get Vardy to come to the tournament. They really need someone who can fly behind the defense while they're carrying the ball in defense or midfield and they just don't have that.

But I think more than anything else the fact we're talking about this is reflective of a team that isn't all that good anyway, or good enough to play with the real contenders. That's really all there is to it.

Hopefully, Grealish moves to a bigger team & proves me wrong...but man, from where I'm sitting, he looks an awful lot like one of those "overhyped on-form midtable-heroes" that we were talking about the press getting too enamored with.

The kinda "star" who'd look great for Wolfsburg or Hertha, but struggle to get off the bench for Bayern or Dortmund.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Hopefully, Grealish moves to a bigger team & proves me wrong...but man, from where I'm sitting, he looks an awful lot like one of those "overhyped on-form midtable-heroes" that we were talking about the press getting too enamored with.

The kinda "star" who'd look great for Wolfsburg or Hertha, but struggle to get off the bench for Bayern or Dortmund.

I think Mings is much more in that category but I had no reason to bring him up because they really needed him here. The bogan guy would have won every header if he wasn't facing Mings.

Reactions: luiginb

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Nah it’s about watching Mount constantly ruin attacks with horrendous decision making. Alli on the other hand was close to Thomas Müller level playing a very similar Raumdeuter role under Pochettino. Not as good as Müller but still very very good.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Mings is much more in that category but I had no reason to bring him up because they really needed him here. The bogan guy would have won every header if he wasn't facing Mings.

Mings certainly fits the bill as well, but with depth CBs that happens...unless you are f***ing france...so I don't think he's as problematic as someone who needs a lot of touches & to occupy the most dangerous areas (Grealish), or someone who can stagnate your build up play by getting pressed into being a hub (Phillips).

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
England has played the firts 20 Minutes vs Croatia very well. Since then the bottle is empty(Trapattoni would said "Flasche leer") :laugh:. It seems the first 20 Minutes(vs CRO) cost to much energy.
:laugh:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not even one of the top 2 1999 born players at Chelsea, definately behind James and Havertz.
The same Havaertz you said wasn’t as good as Pullisic? Lol

btw Mou didn’t ruin Alli. That lad did that one his ownZ with his shitty attitude and chip on his shoulder.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Havertz
Mount
Werner

Your math checks out :sarcasm:
More like 1. Kante 2. Mount or 1. Mount 2. Kante.

Havertz was excellent down the stretch once he was finally healthy but had a poor year with COVID and injuries. Werner played well enough but could bottle even the easiest chances.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He was without a doubt at worst the 2nd best player at Chelsea this season. You've lost the plot if you think otherwise.
Mendy, Silva, Kante. There are three that were better and I believe quite a few more were. I just don’t value Mounts attributes that much. I can see why you would like him, just not a fan of the player type and I don’t see much offensive game breaking ability. He’s a solid player but should not be a nailed on starter for you. He doesn’t have the defensive discipline to play in a deep midfield role, and he can’t create to a high end level outside of set pieces when playing further forward. It’s unpopular I guess but I can just say what I see.
The same Havaertz you said wasn’t as good as Pullisic? Lol

btw Mou didn’t ruin Alli. That lad did that one his ownZ with his shitty attitude and chip on his shoulder.
Pulisic is better than Havertz for now yes.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
More like 1. Kante 2. Mount or 1. Mount 2. Kante.

Havertz was excellent down the stretch once he was finally healthy but had a poor year with COVID and injuries. Werner played well enough but could bottle even the easiest chances.
Maybe if we ignore their passports...

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad