Euro: Group D: England vs. Scotland, 6/18/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Scotland really screwed themselves over with the loss in Glasgow, it's difficult to see how they could get out of this group at all. They may not wind up being the first team technically eliminated, but without some things going in their favor they're going to be one of the first teams that's obviously eliminated. I didn't watch either team's first game but on paper this is a huge mismatch.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
England likes to disappoint.

Scotland played well but just couldn’t finish.

Tierney could make a difference.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Most passionate group stage match coming, at least when it comes to supporters. Too bad it's not a full house inside the stadium, but there's going to be plenty of people outside as well.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
I have no expectations, so screw it

2-1. Adams with the winner. Really hoping Turnbull gets his chance. Has the potential to be a special player and has the creativity to make a difference here. Even if it's off the bench.

Last edited:

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Southgate to play it overly cautious and go into the half with a 1-0 lead maybe then sit on it and England come out with a boring 2-1 win which they're roundly praised for.

Also thankful this is a night game, Wembley is unbearable with the shadows in the daytime, at night you only have to deal with a bad camera angle.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I will buy a bottle of the Scotland National Team whisky if Scotland pulls off a miracle. Heck, I would buy a bottle of released domestically but will pony up the outrageous shipping charges if Scotland wins.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I can imagine scenarios where Scotland could take this. It would require a lot of stars aligning, but it's not out of the question. The longer the game goes scoreless, say, the better their chances get. If England strings together a couple of quick goals though, that's probably GG

I imagine there will be a lot of Scottish fans in the stands, which should make it a fun double home team atmosphere

member 305909

Teams like Scotland, Finland or Macedonia still wouldn't be here without the expansion or the path-route in qualifications.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Teams like Scotland, Finland or Macedonia still wouldn't be here without the expansion or the path-route in qualifications.

Who knows? Finland would have made the playoffs and could have faced a team like Austria there.

Reactions: Jussi

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

OK? So? None of them have looked particularly out of their element

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
England looks better on paper, but let's face it, they often do, and then they England themselves.

The Toronto Maple Leafs of the international soccer world.

Reactions: Westlander

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Steven Caldwell and Luke Wileman have a bet which could see the Englishman wearing a kilt in the postgame coverage.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
England looks better on paper, but let's face it, they often do, and then they England themselves.

While true, some things have changed. Mount & Foden are players that they never really produced in recent generations...Scholes is the only one who really understood the game the way they do. And kids like Sancho bring game-breaking ability with the ball (when on form) that the Gerard's & Lampard's just didn't have in their toolbox.

And with the EPL finally getting some good modern coaches, their less sophisticated/dynamic players are more prepared than they used to be.

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands

and just like the Leafs, everyone else loves laughing at them when they lose. Must be why I have a soft spot for them. Sigh.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
and just like the Leafs, everyone else loves laughing at them when they lose. Must be why I have a soft spot for them. Sigh.

My Dad was born in England so I root for them after Canada and Germany.

I've just seen this song played too many times before.

I really do think that the jingoistic media overrates their players which is part of the reason for so much disappointment. It's something else that I see a similarity with in terms of Toronto.

Reactions: Rob and Westlander

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad