Euro: Group D: England vs. Croatia, 6/13/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Deserved win for the english. Their defense still worries me, but they are fun going forward & a good watch for neutrals...though I still feel like they should try starting Sancho or Grealish over Kane against teams that won't just sit deep all match.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Can't say that England impressed me much though. Barely created anything. Grealish could help in that departement.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Not overly disappointed, was expecting a heavier defeat but England were cautious and maybe showed too much respect. Croatia have had problems creating chances for 3 years now, think it will be harder against the next two games who will be more defensive

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
My concern there is that it's clear England has the more offensive talent but outside of the opening Fodden chance, it was just that Sterling shot. You'd have hoped they'd get a bit more going offensively even if it ends 1-0. And in terms of the heat, it was 27'C not in the 30s exactly there will be other hot games. You have to create some chances rather than slowly trying to pass it around the midfield.

I agree that Tripper as a LB....I'd be fine with him on the right but you have to assume Chillwell if he starts or Shaw at least get a couple crosses in.

Opening matches are typically cagey and Croatia is a talented & experienced team that England was understandably anxious about giving too many openings to. They still created 3-4 really good chances and got enough for the win, which is the important thing in opening matches.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Glad I signed up for 1 month of TSN Direct , $20 for the Euros, Copa America (hopefully), and some NBA playoff games as well

Not bad tbh

(I don’t have cables and non official streams have been annoying lately)

Reactions: KrejciMVP

member 305909

Croatia seems to be past their peak. It wouldn't be a huge surprise if they didn't get out of the group.

Reactions: Power Man

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
brozovic was so bad. slow, wasteful, turnover machine. how he lasted 70 minutes is just bad coaching. croatia needs a lot more athleticism in their midfield and attack.

Reactions: Power Man

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Bad game! First 20 Min were okay. But the rest of 70 min very boring.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
brozovic was so bad. slow, wasteful, turnover machine. how he lasted 70 minutes is just bad coaching. croatia needs a lot more athleticism in their midfield and attack.

Ive been calling to bench him honestly, half the time he looks like he doesn’t care and yellow card waiting to happen. Think the team needs new manager with a new generation coming through

Reactions: cgf and ecemleafs

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
50323987_303.jpg

Autoban for posting upper class twit.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Ive been calling to bench him honestly, half the time he looks like he doesn’t care and yellow card waiting to happen. Think the team needs new manager with a new generation coming through

Dalic has to be out after this tournament. Would be nice if they didn’t go on the cheap to hire a new manager.

TV repairman Cacic (EURO 2016) was a low point.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How does Sancho not even make the bench? I’m curious how anyone can defend that.

I was listening to a debate yesterday where the question was asked if there’d be bias towards Premier League players in the England squad. It was laughed off.

Over the past two seasons Sancho has the same amount of G+A as Kane, and better than any other England player, and somehow he’s not one of England’s 23 best players according to this coach.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Dalic has to be out after this tournament. Would be nice if they didn’t go on the cheap to hire a new manager.

TV repairman Cacic (EURO 2016) was a low point.

I fear they will go with somebody like Biscan or a HNL type manager, Bjelica will be ok but he loses his cool sometimes and doesn’t play young players (also he is more of a disciplinarian). Maybe they go after Bilic when he gets the eventual sack in China :D

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I fear they will go with somebody like Biscan or a HNL type manager, Bjelica will be ok but he loses his cool sometimes and doesn’t play young players (also he is more of a disciplinarian). Maybe they go after Bilic when he gets the eventual sack in China :D

That’s my concern as well. Would be nice if they went outside to get a foreigner in. It’s always a cheap hire. HNS oozes corruption but that’s a topic for another time.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Good win and performance at times. Fair play to Southgate, it worked today. Should probably start Shaw and Grealish against Scotland though.

Phillips was excellent. Nice pass to him by Walker in the build up to the goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad