Euro: Group D: England vs. Croatia, 6/13/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Mount is just a workhorse as well. He appeared in almost every game for us this season and was always working.

He's basically turned into what I thought Dahoud would become and what Sabitzer morphed into under Nagelsmann. Super skilled & versatile 8/10s are always a delight.

Reactions: Power Man

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Is there any coach in the world considered "good" at substitutions? People always find something to criticize with them.

If 5 subs were permanent, I think it'd develop into a real difference maker in terms of how well teams make use of them. Consider the difference in depth between a team like England and Croatia and what fresh legs properly deployed could do in the last 30 mins of a match like this.

Reactions: cgf

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
For Croatia this looks pretty much like a copy of their game against Belgium last week. They can pass it around in midfield but are inept going forward, just not able to create anything, at all.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Someone has to be up there with Perisic. Not going to score with 1 guy making runs into the final third

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If 5 subs were permanent, I think it'd develop into a real difference maker in terms of how well teams make use of them. Consider the difference in depth between a team like England and Croatia and what fresh legs properly deployed could do in the last 30 mins of a match like this.
I'm more interested in how much it allows teams to switch things up tactically. I'm a big fan of coaches sending out a formation meant just to feel their opponents out before shifting into their main shape around the 15-20 minute mark...but with 5 subs, you could take that even further & burn one before the 20th minute, while still having plenty for the rest of the game.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Cameras switching from toothless english dudes to hot Croatian babes in the stands
50323987_303.jpg

Reactions: Power Man

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
My concern there is that it's clear England has the more offensive talent but outside of the opening Fodden chance, it was just that Sterling shot. You'd have hoped they'd get a bit more going offensively even if it ends 1-0. And in terms of the heat, it was 27'C not in the 30s exactly there will be other hot games. You have to create some chances rather than slowly trying to pass it around the midfield.

I agree that Tripper as a LB....I'd be fine with him on the right but you have to assume Chillwell if he starts or Shaw at least get a couple crosses in.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Darn I really wanted a draw here for more carnage when Scotland starts playing. My dream scenario is somehow knocking out England

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad