Euro: Group D: England vs. Croatia, 6/13/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
I do enjoy seeing England win. I've English, Scotch and German roots. However, I'd love England just because I still think part of UEFA dislikes them. (I still think Platini has it out for them. I mean how can you pick the Russia bid over the UK in 2018 without money being involved.)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I do enjoy seeing England win. I've English, Scotch and German roots. However, I'd love England just because I still think part of UEFA dislikes them. (I still think Platini has it out for them. I mean how can you pick the Russia bid over the UK in 2018 without money being involved.)
Someone gonna tell him?

Reactions: cgf

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Prior to 2018 Russia was arguably the most major footballing country to never have hosted a major tournament, I don't really get why people had an issue with it being their turn.

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
Prior to 2018 Russia was arguably the most major footballing country to never have hosted a major tournament, I don't really get why people had an issue with it being their turn.

England is practically credited for inventing the game and hosted one World Cup and one Euros prior to the unique format. I also don't like the crime lords running the country. I joked the Saudi Arabia-Russia game to open 2018 would be scored by who can rack up the most human rights violations.

Reactions: luiginb

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

Some people think even saying Russia should be punishable via UN sanctions, so it's not that hard to see why it caused a stir in the media.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
England is practically credited for inventing the game and hosted one World Cup and one Euros prior to the unique format. I also don't like the crime lords running the country. I joked the Saudi Arabia-Russia game to open 2018 would be scored by who can rack up the most human rights violations.
I guess no one will lol

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Croatia played a dull game. A 35 year old Modric cannot do everything. Very unfortunate. I was hoping they would upset England again.
Croatia played a Mourinho style game with a midfield of Kovacic, Modric, and Brozovic and nobody should've expected some sort of creativity. Those three aren't even built for a proper counterattacking campaign. They were playing for a draw which is why England only scored one goal. Croatia should still make it through though, especially if the manager decides to play a bit more offensive flair.

Phillips was excellent
The problem for him is heading from the lockerroom onto the pitch thinking that haircut is somewhat appropriate...

Grealish is England's best player. Should be playing every minute of this tournament.
Ehhhhhh, Kane? Sterling? Both are better than Grealish and Sterling showed today that he's still a world class player.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Croatia played a Mourinho style game with a midfield of Kovacic, Modric, and Brozovic and nobody should've expected some sort of creativity. Those three aren't even built for a proper counterattacking campaign. They were playing for a draw which is why England only scored one goal. Croatia should still make it through though, especially if the manager decides to play a bit more offensive flair.

The problem for him is heading from the lockerroom onto the pitch thinking that haircut is somewhat appropriate...

Ehhhhhh, Kane? Sterling? Both are better than Grealish and Sterling showed today that he's still a world class player.
Kane i will give u. Not comparable players though. Grealish is better than Sterling. The only thing Sterling has on Grealish is being able to sprint faster. Grealish is better technically, more creative, more rugged, better defensively, and better at retaining the ball.

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
Ive been calling to bench him honestly, half the time he looks like he doesn’t care and yellow card waiting to happen. Think the team needs new manager with a new generation coming through
but who do you replace Brozo with?

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
but who do you replace Brozo with?

It won’t happen but Modric-Kovacic-Vlasic trio, but I’m tired of Brozovic’s half hearted effort. He basically chooses what games he plays but he is still obviously an important player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad