World Cup: Group D: Argentina vs. Croatia, 6/21/2018

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
3-4-3 might be a good formation. It's Sampaoli's favorite formation and he has already used it in qualifications (don't recall if it was him or Bauza). The problem though as you've pointed out, why experimenting in a must won game? And if Savi's post is true about the starting 11 then I may not bother watching.

A 3-4-3 is great if you play the correct players...

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I have a good feeling about Argentina in this game. I base that on literally nothing at all besides the fact they have the GOAT.

I think they will benefit from late substitutions while keeping the game neutralized until then.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
3-4-3 might be a good formation. It's Sampaoli's favorite formation and he has already used it in qualifications (don't recall if it was him or Bauza). The problem though as you've pointed out, why experimenting in a must won game? And if Savi's post is true about the starting 11 then I may not bother watching.

A 3-4-3 is great if you play the correct players...

The issue with the 3-4-3 is that you need your players to know what they're doing at all times otherwise, you risk getting caught out with 3 CB's at the back and a slow ass midfield it's a recipe for disaster.

You need time to properly embed it within your players.

why no dybala
:(

Because we can't have nice things.

I have a good feeling about Argentina in this game. I base that on literally nothing at all besides the fact they have the GOAT.

I think they will benefit from late substitutions while keeping the game neutralized until then.

I see that happening. If Sampa uses this it will fail 0-0 game late into the second half until Pavon/ADM GOD willing Lo Celso come on.

BTW I have to laugh at Sampa he starts Enzo right now over Lo Celso.. the guy wasn't supposed to be on the team and the kid was considered to be a starter prior to the tournament. Once, it starts he magically gets behind Enzo lunacy.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

Wilsondrake

Jun 21, 2018
Well well, I am expecting an upset here in this match. The reason being Messi has a lot to bear in terms of team pressure and the fans expectations. He has hurt the expectations against iceland by missing a 90% confirmed goal. Croatia is looking strong with Modric stating "Argentina will have to PLAY to win", seems he is determined to take down ARG this year around. It will however be interesting to watch argentina vs croatia. Group D will surely have both the teams qualifying for the knock out stage of top 16.

Last edited:

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Does Sampaoli fail to inspire Argentines so much that they rely on Messi for everything? I mean, they have quality players, especially attackers...

This game should be much better as Croatia isn’t a country to just turtle and park the bus, however, if they do, does Higuian need to be subbed on pretty early?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well well, I am expecting an upset here in this match. The reason being Messi has a lot to bear in terms of team pressure and the fans expectations. He has hurt the expectations against iceland by missing a 90% confirmed goal. Croatia is looking strong with Modric stating "Argentina will have to PLAY to win", seems he is determined to take down ARG this year around. It will however be interesting to watch argentina vs croatia. Group D will surely have both the teams qualifying for the knock out stage of top 16.

He thrives under pressure don't be fooled by this false narrative. See the last game of qualifiers with Argentina on the brink of not making the WC.

Does Sampaoli fail to inspire Argentines so much that they rely on Messi for everything? I mean, they have quality players, especially attackers...

This game should be much better as Croatia isn’t a country to just turtle and park the bus, however, if they do, does Higuian need to be subbed on pretty early?

Please, God NOOO

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sampa claiming there's too much responsibility on Messi. Hmm if there was only a mini Messi on the pitch to relieve some responsibility. Or you know that little fella from PSG but you know stick with Meza/Biglia and wonder why its not working. lol

Reactions: cgf

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Sampa claiming there's too much responsibility on Messi. Hmm if there was only a mini Messi on the pitch to relieve some responsibility. Or you know that little fella from PSG but you know stick with Meza/Biglia and wonder why its not working. lol

Lmao it’s almost like you could take some responsibility off of him. Somehow...some way.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lmao it’s almost like you could take some responsibility off of him. Somehow...some way.
RTSWSQG.jpg

At least @Live in the Now hot take is put to rest.

Paulo should've picked Poland at this point...

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
He thrives under pressure don't be fooled by this false narrative. See the last game of qualifiers with Argentina on the brink of not making the WC.

Please, God NOOO
:laugh:

Is Higuian hated by Argentines? It was a suggestion to unlock a parked defense, his physicality in the box wouldn’t be needed?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
:laugh:

Is Higuian hated by Argentines? It was a suggestion to unlock a parked defense, his physicality in the box wouldn’t be needed?
Pipita had his chance and failed. then had his chance and failed... and one more time he had his chance and he failed. I wonder what happen next?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Anyway the lineup is confirmed... all that trickery in practice. Never trusting Sampa again. Enzo from not making it to starting a must win game. Acuna on. Meza still playing.

Pavon/Lo Celso? what happened to trusting those guys. How can you not have a plan this late, trying experimental sides and not even settling on players. One day Lo celso looks like he's primed for a start yet nothing so far. Pavon too.

Not even going to mention Dybala who will only come on against Nigeria late. If they still have a chance. Where'd that guy go with multiple coaching licenses, sure could use his expertise right now. Too bad he's wasn't his talents posting here.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Wonder if Croatia will crush D2M’s hopes and dreams :sarcasm:
My dreams are already crushed... my hope well that won't ever go away because in 4 years, ADM,Kun,Pipita,Biglia,Masch,Willy and Enzo all will be too old.

Hmm this is Argentina... Micho played in 2014(although not bad) so, maybe I should temper expectations than as well.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Perez and Masche vs Modric/Rakitic/Brozovic. What can possibly go wrong.

I hope they keep the ball to be honest. Argentina better off countering. Relying on Messi/Ageuro to hurt them with less defenders in front.

I do expect Croatia to bunker down to an extent... Nobody attacks a team with Messi in it. not on the NT anyway.

Dybala better start today
LOOL good luck with that. it won't happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad