GDT: Group D • May 4 • Finland 1, Czech Republic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Would've been a good opportunity to take Vehanen out for the last face off and use an extra man in front of the CZE goal as it was like 3 secs or so to go.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Same with the Finnish one. "Caesar Pavelec" lol

LoL... Pavelec certainly isn't an Immortal... Maybe if he was for the Finnish team then that quote would fit perfect? heheehe, couldn't resist.

There is too many penalties for team Finland.. I will admit that... Very questionable penalty calls in this game.. As with most I have watched and I have watched nearly all on multiple screens..... Bring in the NHL refs to the WC please.;)

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Finland's taking too many penalties, I think the refs got scared by the physicality we showed at the start of the game. Ruutu again disappointing, although in no way easy spots. 3/4 of shots going past the net, Pavelec had one awesome save, otherwise just solid.

Why are goaltenders always said to play their best against Finland?

butchie

Dec 20, 2010
tbh people will always whine on the refs no matter what. Just look at some of the GDTs for NHL games :laugh:

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Very hard teams for finland to play... Germany is on a roll... Russia is Russia and Slovakia - They are fighting for their lives.. You really dont want to play them. There isn't a clear favorite to play out of those 3.. Yikes:amazed:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
LoL... Pavelec certainly isn't an Immortal... Maybe if he was for the Finnish team then that quote would fit perfect? heheehe, couldn't resist.

There is too many penalties for team Finland.. I will admit that... Very questionable penalty calls in this game.. As with most I have watched and I have watched nearly all on multiple screens..... Bring in the NHL refs to the WC please.;)

Well, Caesar was pretty non-immortal too, maybe they're saying that Pavelec is gonna get killed when he decides to become supreme ruler over the Czech team? :sarcasm:

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Well, Caesar was pretty non-immortal too, maybe they're saying that Pavelec is gonna get killed when he decides to become supreme ruler over the Czech team? :sarcasm:

Hahahaha :laugh: .. Thats funny.. I sure hope not... But they were also saying that Finland would win.. so i dont know what beer they are drinking??? Maybe they should try some Czech Beer ;).

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Yeah. Pavs certainly has some funky positioning sometimes and tends to flop around every now and then.

Nice one. :)

TeppoWinnipeg

Nov 29, 2010
Very hard teams for finland to play... Germany is on a roll... Russia is Russia and Slovakia - They are fighting for their lives.. You really dont want to play them. There isn't a clear favorite to play out of those 3.. Yikes:amazed:

And one of those teams wont make it to the QF

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
This time you can't say anything against the penalty, the Finns should avoid taking such stupid penalties. Hä, the Czech in penalty box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad