GDT: Group D • May 4 • Finland 1, Czech Republic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Aguess we are starting to learn swedish tactics: Just keep your own play on the course and win the right games.

Finland World Champion 2011 what you think texas?

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
We were dominant at the end, and we controled the game totally 5 on 5. Pavs played great and we should have scored at least 5. Unfornatly horrible refring which lead to a couple of lucky bounchy czech pp goals.

I still liked the effort and we will be good.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
Yeah because for the first two periods it was the only line creating offence on 5on5..

Yeah how many shots did they do while hanging on the puck and making few nifty passes? And this is why I'm mad of dropping Pulkkinen and Lehtonen, we need goal scorers! I'd rather already get Joensuu in and see if he can bring some change with big body of his.

Anyways good game. Pavelec is the word of the day!

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Id like to see joensuu instead of pyorala...

BTW did anyone notice that jagr didnt really play after the Ruutu hit, only on the pp.

Hurt? or afraid :D

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Aguess we are starting to learn swedish tactics: Just keep your own play on the course and win the right games.

Finland World Champion 2011 what you think texas?

It's possible. This is indeed hockey. Czechs won last year in same kind of way so of course they can win. But only problem is the Czechs will stand in their way and win gold 2 years in a row and make it 7 golds in 16 years. More than any country already in last 15 years. 2 more than Canada even... Perhaps the Czechs are gods? ;)

Was an excellent game.. questionable penalties on both sides. Though Finland had plenty of pentaly minutes on their own PP and could not score... They outplayed 5 v 5 and still could not score??? That doesn't seem like outplaying to me.. Again Czechs play a certain style.. They aren't very flashy, they are patient... Maybe Finland should learn to lift the puck like Jagr... I got 2 out of my 3 predictions on goals today.. I guess i gave Finland too much respect to score 2? ;)

TeppoWinnipeg

Nov 29, 2010
Good game by Finland considering the difference between the teams on paper. Sure both teams could have scored few more goals from the opportunities and it would have been nice to see more 5on5 hockey but imo Czechs deserved the win and unless something unexpected happens i believe they are playing in the finals.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
It's possible. This is indeed hockey. Czechs won last year in same kind of way so of course they can win. But only problem is the Czechs will stand in their way and win gold 2 years in a row and make it 7 golds in 16 years. More than any country already in last 15 years. 2 more than Canada even... Perhaps the Czechs are gods? ;)

Was an excellent game.. questionable penalties on both sides. Though Finland had plenty of pentaly minutes on their own PP and could not score... They outplayed 5 v 5 and still could not score??? That doesn't seem like outplaying to me.. Again Czechs play a certain style.. They aren't very flashy, they are patient... Maybe Finland should learn to lift the puck like Jagr... I got 2 out of my 3 predictions on goals today.. I guess i gave Finland too much respect to score 2? ;)

what about best on best tournaments what really counts, havent really seen them in 2000 century?

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Id like to see joensuu instead of pyorala...

BTW did anyone notice that jagr didnt really play after the Ruutu hit, only on the pp.

Hurt? or afraid :D

Well, we all remember the cheap dirty hit in the Olympics, don't we?
Ruutu is a dirty player.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
what about best on best tournaments what really counts, havent really seen them in 2000 century?

Well im going from the top of my head here... But lets see... Czech/ Czechoslovakia 3rd all time in history behind Canada and then Russian / Soviet...

Sweden is a very close 4th....

As far as Olympics... "Best of Best" .... Since 1998 when NHL allowed its players to compete Czech Republic is tied w/ Russia and now Canada (since they won gold in 2010 Olympics) to be the only 3 countries since 1998 + NHL to have 2 medals in the Olympics....

;)

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Ruutu is a dirty player.

Jarrko is the one who made that hit. Differn't Ruutu.. I remember it well.. I am still waiting to fight him but he wont come out to play w/ me... :nod:

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Ruutu is a dirty player.

It was jarkko... pelle

Ruutu hits were and the finnish hits were completly clean but hard.

Plekanec is dirty since he came after the whistle on the back checking, he should either fight and get his ass kicked or deliver clean hits.

And the olympic hit would have been clean but Jagr 2 seconds before put his head down so it was his own fault. head up.

BUT JAGR WAS AFRAID OF COMING TO THE ICE AFTER THE HIT. :D

Last edited:

Allu27

Mar 18, 2011
Oulu
Yeah how many shots did they do while hanging on the puck and making few nifty passes? And this is why I'm mad of dropping Pulkkinen and Lehtonen, we need goal scorers! I'd rather already get Joensuu in and see if he can bring some change with big body of his.

Anyways good game. Pavelec is the word of the day!

I'm pretty sure Lehtonen was injured.
I do agree that Pulkkinen should have been chosen.
These games have just proved that Lahti was Pulkkinen's creation and is pretty much useless without him:shakehead.

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
the IIHF website says we play germany on friday, slovakia on saturday and russia on monday, im confused so do we have to win all 3 to go to the quarter finals ???

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Well im going from the top of my head here... But lets see... Czech/ Czechoslovakia 3rd all time in history behind Canada and then Russian / Soviet...

Sweden is a very close 4th....

As far as Olympics... "Best of Best" .... Since 1998 when NHL allowed its players to compete Czech Republic is tied w/ Russia and now Canada (since they won gold in 2010 Olympics) to be the only 3 countries since 1998 + NHL to have 2 medals in the Olympics....

;)
What do you mean? Finland has three medals since 98. None of them gold so wont make us best in anyones opinion, if not yours who seem to think we are gods

Mahox

Noncontroversial
Nov 13, 2005

;)
Finland has 3 medals ;)

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
What do you mean? Finland has three medals since 98. None of them gold so wont make us best in anyones opinion, if not yours who seem to think we are gods

Ah ya your right.. I did say off the top of my head .. ;) . Have to put USA in that Category now too.. Forgot to really count Finland and USA from 2010 :D

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Jarrko is the one who made that hit. Differn't Ruutu.. I remember it well.. I am still waiting to fight him but he wont come out to play w/ me... :nod:

Funny, Jagr said it was a cheap shot from this Ruutu aswell.
Haven't seen it though..

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Good game by Finland. They really surprised me, we were lucky we had Pavelec. But way to go SUOMI :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad