GDT: Group C • April 30 • United States 5, Austria 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriks7

Oct 20, 2010
I cheer for Austria and wish all the worst to the USA on this tournament. It is not like I hate them or what..but I cant stand how their underestimate this tournament year after year. Even Canada found the way with young talented roster system.
When Blake Wheeler is your best forward, something is wrong.

Austria :handclap:

Have you thought about the fact that they simply couldn't get other players to join? I keep seeing quite a few are injured and others declined their invitation. According to many commenters here and Americans I personally know, they don't care about this tournament there as much.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kreider looks like a man. he might go straight to the NHL.

good chemistry with Stepan and Wheeler. thats a good sign.

I believe he stated he would be returning for his junior year, but a solid showing against professional players and a fat contract could certainly sway his thoughts...

I think he returns to college for one more year as he really hasnt dominated at that level yet. I would hate to see him jump early, have a bad camp, lose confidence then toil in the minors. Plenty of time for Chris Kreider to turn pro in my eyes.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
just wondering for anyone that watched the game.. was fowler(#7) any good? was he asked to play a defensive role (i.e not roam around) or did he jump up in the plays? just some general comments would be nice

thanks in advance

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
just wondering for anyone that watched the game.. was fowler(#7) any good? was he asked to play a defensive role (i.e not roam around) or did he jump up in the plays? just some general comments would be nice

thanks in advance

He seemed alright from what I remembered. For most of the game the US defensemen didn't have much pressure on them in the defensive zone, so eh wasn't too visible there. Don't remember seeing him jumping up a lot on the play except one time he moved in on the goalie but got too fancy when he had a clear shot and tried to stickhandle the puck into the net. Seemed fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad