Rafael Rotter

Ice Time Leaders
wus.gif
Jack Johnson - 23:27
wat.gif
Matthias Trattnig - 19:00

Last edited:

Charlie Milles*

You obviously haven't seen Komi or Stuart play in the past year or two. I hope that Komi turns his game around here but he's been bad the last two years
I think Stuart steps it up in international play. Historically he has, anyways. I remember seeing him at the WJC in 2003 and he was by far the State's best defensemen. Better than Whitney, Suter, Matt Greene and Wisniewski. I'm not surprised to see him wearing the 'C'. As far as Komisarek; we'll just have to wait and see.:laugh:

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
I cheer for Austria and wish all the worst to the USA on this tournament. It is not like I hate them or what..but I cant stand how their underestimate this tournament year after year. Even Canada found the way with young talented roster system.
When Blake Wheeler is your best forward, something is wrong.

Austria :handclap:

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I cheer for Austria and wish all the worst to the USA on this tournament. It is not like I hate them or what..but I cant stand how their underestimate this tournament year after year. Even Canada found the way with young talented roster system.

If I wanted to get picky, I could make the argument that Stepan is better than Wheeler. Stepan's four years younger and had one more point than Wheeler this season. If not now, then he certainly will be soon.

Silliness aside, I would think Kreider would play on one of the top two lines. He's one of the few forwards on this roster with any kind of dynamic offensive talent.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011

Exactly what I'm thinking...

USA's top 4 defence is solid with Komisarek, Fowler, Shattenkirk and Johnson, but their forwards and especially goalies are horrible. I know that Miele won the Hobey Baker award, but you cannot have many of those college players. Craig Smith? What has he done to earn his spot? Only Wheeler and Stepan could be considered as actually good players.

Then, the goalies... 35-year-old career backup and unproven, 26-year-old bust. Austria could actually top that if they would have Divis or Brückler.

I'm waiting for a big upset today. 3-1 or 2-1 for Austria. Vanek and Setzinger will be on fire.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I don't see anything wrong with the U.S. focusing bringing its young players. The U.S. has a young core now and is trying to build on that by getting as much of its young talent as much international tournament experience as possible. What major U.S. players would you expect to play? Parise is coming off a major injury. Kane just played a full season plus a seven game series after playing a full season, the Olympics, and the entirety of the playoffs the year before. Kesler's still playing. Pavelski's still playing. Malone's still playing. Callahan has a broken leg. Dubinsky wasn't 100 percent in the playoffs and needs to recover from a stress fracture in his leg. Tim Thomas is still playing. You can't really expect Ryan Miller to play at the World Championships. I have no clue what's up with Kessel, Stastny, Quick, and Bobby Ryan, but you always see a certain number of guys decline for whatever miscellaneous reasons.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
usa focusig on yuong players?

All the vets and decent players declined their invitation.

Must be one hell of a job for Burke to even scratch a team together. Its good that he the GM for toronto cause they alaways have some spear time at this time of the year

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Exactly what I'm thinking...

USA's top 4 defence is solid with Komisarek, Fowler, Shattenkirk and Johnson, but their forwards and especially goalies are horrible. I know that Miele won the Hobey Baker award, but you cannot have many of those college players. Craig Smith? What has he done to earn his spot? Only Wheeler and Stepan could be considered as actually good players.

Then, the goalies... 35-year-old career backup and unproven, 26-year-old bust. Austria could actually top that if they would have Divis or Brückler.

I'm waiting for a big upset today. 3-1 or 2-1 for Austria. Vanek and Setzinger will be on fire.

I appreciate your sympathies for our team, really hope your team can live up to the hype this year, BUT

-Vanek won`t play
-the US boys are better then us, in all kind of ways
-IMO its abit unfair to bash the guys playing for the USA, atleast they actually play with pride and didn`t decline for no reason

I just hope we keep it simple, take no bad penalties and don`t make too much mistakes...the result isn`t that important but then its gonna be a good game for us

hockeydog

Oct 19, 2007
No Vanek, Grabner, Pöck, Nödl, Divis and Brückler...looks like we will play Division I next year again. :(

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Love all the naysayers coming to roost. That said, this isn't a medal winning team, but there are enough quality pieces to be competant.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Austria has a better chance than people think. The americans are dressing college kids as well. I suspect it will a slim US win though.

2-1
Wheeler
Setzinger
JJ

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
excited to watch the US in International hockey action this morning. looking forward to see how Stepan plays, considering he's played the longest season of his career (thus far) this year. i hope they don't leave McDonagh to hang out in the 3rd D pairing. kid is way better than that.

i wonder if Wheeler and Stepan can establish some sort of chemistry.

EDIT: line ups for this game have been released

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/261/IHM261C06_54B_1_0.pdf

that 3rd line could do some damage, in all seriousness.

nevermore

Cap space since 2005
Oct 25, 2007
This is going to be a beatdown.
The Flyers better win today, I can't handle two losses.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
This is going to be a beatdown.
The Flyers better win today, I can't handle two losses.

I`m not optimistic either but we shouldn`t see it that way (even its the typical austrian way)

I prefer a beatdown in the top division then a victory in Division A

don`t forget we BELONG in this division, don`t forget how we got relegated the last time

plus the game I really fear is against the Swedes: they know each other, they know the size of the rink, they know us

anyway, GO AUSTRIA GO!

xDerekRx

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Our 3rd line might be the most complete line we have. I like it.

When Gaustad comes we can probably move around some wingers. Goose will probably be Top 5 faceoff man in the entire tournament.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Our 3rd line might be the most complete line we have. I like it.

When Gaustad comes we can probably move around some wingers. Goose will probably be Top 5 faceoff man in the entire tournament.

it truly is. you have a real diverse group of guys on that line.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
McDonagh should get more playing time over a guy like Komisarek...he's a much better skater which will help on the big ice and he's not terrible at defense in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad