GDT: Group C • April 30 • United States 5, Austria 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Whoops, posted in the wrong thread earlier. That Kreider goal was beautiful.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I love skaters like Kreider and McDonagh...so fast, so smooth, so powerful. I think it's the power that I love...guys who dont' look like their legs are going a mile per second and getting nowhere, just strong strides that generate a ton of speed.

e: ohhhhh **** Stepan just missed a gimme goal, kinda came to him at an awkard angle, don't think he was expecting the pass. That line is great

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The U.S. looks better than I thought they would. I forgot just how bad the Austrians are. This is a team that will be fighting the relegation battles - not the USA.

Quinn Coin

Dec 28, 2010
New York
I really love the chemistry between Wheeler and Stepan. Both seem to be just flying out there. I could see the duo putting up at least two more goals in this game. Stepan will bury one at one point. Perhaps he get a goal and 2 assists, Wheeler gets 2 goals and an assist.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Pretty good 1st period for the USA. Sloppy first 11 minutes or so but once they got on the PK they kind of took over and the passes that were off the mark in the opening half of the period started connecting. With our scoring woes last year, I'm pretty happy with a 2-0 lead with some other prime chances as well.

The chemistry between Stepan and Wheeler is great to see so far. The Kreider line has been great as well.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
We've already seen more chemistry in this game than we saw all of last tournament.

That's exactly what went through my mind. The US team is dominating possession and chances. It's been pretty to watch.

Kreider had a really good period. He was really dangerous out there.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
he could have went backhand on it to put it in, definitely.

Yeah you could just tell he was setup with the forehand for some reason and it just didn't click for him to do anything but try to one time it from a really bad angle

Team looks good. They haven't had to do a lot of defending so I'd worry about how they'll deal with good teams that can put on offensive pressure. Also, better defensive teams will make it tough on their offense, but so far they're doing what they need to in order to beat a team like Austria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad