Euro: Group B: RUS vs. DEN, FIN vs. BEL, 6/21/2021

Who advances?

• Total voters

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
So I just learned that Russia do not considered the game finished yet and that they got 8 seconds left to play. Another scandal in the Euros one of their papers call it :laugh:

I love Russia, but they do have some funny takes at time.

Their politics nowadays is basically "the world is against us", so that's where this silliness comes from.

Great game by Denmark, from Russia I just liked GK Safronov, Kuzyaev and Dzyuba, the rest of the team looked like headless chickens, and some players were way below the required level for this kind of competition (the bearded central defender and number 11, looking at you especially). I think the ref was afraid to give a red card to the bouncer looking Russian, but that was such an obvious error.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Their politics nowadays is basically "the world is against us", so that's where this silliness comes from.

Great game by Denmark, from Russia I just liked GK Safronov, Kuzyaev and Dzyuba, the rest of the team looked like headless chickens, and some players were way below the required level for this kind of competition (the bearded central defender and number 11, looking at you especially). I think the ref was afraid to give a red card to the bouncer looking Russian, but that was such an obvious error.
I thought Golovin & Miranchuk had their moments in the first half coming in off of Dzyuba, as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That Danmark/Russia game was simply the best football I've watched in a long long time. When they scored the third goal, I officially adopted them as my second country if Polska doesn't make it. Danmark, F*** Yea!!!

Belgium have been the most impressive team thus far.
Belgium being this good is no surprise, plus they had a ridiculously easy group. The correct answer here is Italia, nobody knew they'd be this dominant heading into the R16.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Meunier saying winning this WC would be more of an accomplishment than winning the last WC. :facepalm:

member 305909

Finland was the second worst team of the tournament but finished 17th out of 24. Therefore they can be said to have exceeded all expectations.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
They all have much more talented players overall. Not to kick Finland in the groin, but from the top of my head the only player worth something is Pukki.

Lukas Hradecky is worth something. He was voted Bundesliga Goalkeeper of the Season in 2017-18 and he made the group stage all-star team in this tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad