GDT: Group B - May 8 - Finland vs Norway

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
as much as I like Mertaranta as a commentator, he is still so clueless.

some KHL forward gave a horrible pass to Heiskanen and Mertaranta blamed Heiskanen that he couldn't handle the pass. Sometimes I get so pissed at these little things.
He's clueless but people are nostalgic because he was the play by play guy in 2011..

And frankly, that's the reason why he's still employed to this day. Any other announcer would have been given the boot already if they made as many mistakes he has

Honka lost the puck while sticking with the puck for 5 seconds spinning in place and Mertaranta lauded his great dangles.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Even though nowadays i don't really care for Mertaranta, he is such an upgrade after having to listen to Saukkonen for 2 games.
I agree, although Antsa seems to have already become a bit senile. Constant mistakes and wrong players called. But he is still way more enjoyable compared to Saukkonen.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Aho and Teräväinen assisted Granny’s goal. So 0+2 after all for Aho.

I'm feeling 2 more points for Aho in the 3rd.

Btw I'm really glad that Norwegian missed his check on Aho in the neutral zone. Aho was coming with high speed and wasn't watching in front of him. Kind of like Laine's concussion last season vs Buffalo. Luckily it missed.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
He's clueless but people are nostalgic because he was the play by play guy in 2011..

And frankly, that's the reason why he's still employed to this day. Any other announcer would have been given the boot already if they made as many mistakes he has

Honka lost the puck while sticking with the puck for 5 seconds spinning in place and Mertaranta lauded his great dangles.

2011? Try 1995...

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Janne Pesonen? Where did that guy emerge from? Under an ice age stone, lol, strange so see him there. Not a word about Larry here, just a note.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
2011? Try 1995...
You really think people think 95 in favor of '11 when it comes to Mertaranta? So many people have already forgotten what kind of deal it was and I certainly couldn't remember if I wanted since I was born 3 years after 95.

The point hasn't changed one bit. He's inadequate in his field nowadays.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
You really think people think 95 in favor of '11 when it comes to Mertaranta? So many people have already forgotten what kind of deal it was and I certainly couldn't remember if I wanted since I was born 3 years after 95.

The point hasn't changed one bit. He's inadequate in his field nowadays.
I was 5 in 95, mertsi was star when i went to school. Everyone knew him. It is from there and 11 too

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
These Honka bros are quite velikultia. They want to dangle in a phone boot except in even more inappropriate places and situations just for the the thrill and fun for it. Orange Julius and Jukka Poika, I salute you and your playfulness and some balls of steel. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad