GDT: Group B - May 21 - Sweden vs Russia

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
We need to beat russia by 4 goals and thats not gonna happen in a million years.

If swiss didnt pull their goalie at the end we could had ended up 1st or 2nd. Now we will be 3rd.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
You mean that the Russian defense is better coached, that its more stable or have better players?
I mean, I don’t think he meant on paper anyone who has half a brain can see that there is a massive gap in talent on d in favor of Sweden. Now how they’ve performed this tournament however is.. well a different story.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I mean, I don’t think he meant on paper anyone who has half a brain can see that there is a massive gap in talent on d in favor of Sweden. Now how they’ve performed this tournament however is.. well a different story.
He did mean on paper. He said they have better depth.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
He did mean on paper. He said they have better depth.
What?! Hahahaha he actually did. That takes som seeerious mental gymnastics. Not that it matters Swedens kinda coaching is to polish turds and drive Ferrari’s as if they were pre-90’s fiat’s.

Last edited:

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
Sweden has to get their defence working. They've let in 14 goals so far compared to Russia's 3. Will be interesting to see if Markström can make a difference tonight. The results don't really matter though, if they win they'll meet Germany. If they lose they'll meet Finland. I'd probably rather play Finland, at least Sweden knows how to play against them. Germany is a wild card, kind of like Switzerland.

Of course, by beating Russia and finishing 2nd in the group then they'll play the winner of Czech and Can/US in the semis. That's an easier semi-final than playing Russia, which has been the best team in the tournament so far.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
As it looks now i wouldn't mind at all finishing third in the group. setting up a Finland clash in the QF. I mean come on? Sure thing that Finland always battle hard against Sweden but you can't seriously be afraid of that team? Of course it is better to win the group, but that could also mean we're facing the US and that would be a lot harder.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
As it looks now i wouldn't mind at all finishing third in the group. setting up a Finland clash in the QF. I mean come on? Sure thing that Finland always battle hard against Sweden but you can't seriously be afraid of that team? Of course it is better to win the group, but that could also mean we're facing the US and that would be a lot harder.
Yeah I’d be all for that.

Reactions: Pensionsraddare

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, we've let in 11 more goals than Russia. But also scored 8 more, despite their unbeliavable group of forwards. That's a lot part to our d-men. So far the end result has been better for Russia, but the tournament has barely started.

This game is more about finding a better balance and decision making heading into the playoffs, than where the team ends up in the group and who to play. I'll gladly take a win tonight and still be 3rd in the group.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Hahaha we could end up anywhere except fourth. And the same goes for the other group, this is so messy.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Is this correct?

4 goal differential regulation win = #1
<4 goal differential regulation win = #2
Loss or OT = #3

Last edited:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I have plenty of friends all across the globe. None of them consider Sweden a joke. Organizations completely independent from Sweden lauds the it as one of the best countries to live in. I have no idea why people so desperately want to believe the worst about our own country.

Either way, this is not the place for it.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm going Sweden 4-3 in ot. Their D is amazing and they've had a slow start. Now they wake up!

Reactions: JHB

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
It wasn't me but I saw someone post that yeah. It still sucks, don't think that reason is a good enough one for them to do this to us.

Agree I was hyped to see this ending first Swe-Rus and after Can-U.S

But now you will have to chose which game to watch.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
wasent it you or was it someone else in here that said it was because to reduce the risk of teams throwing the game?
That was me. But its also probably because there are only 2 venues available. So scheduling is gonna be tricky no matter what.

Reactions: aphyro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad