GDT: Group B - May 11 - USA vs Korea

Quonis

Jan 3, 2015
Copenhagen
Since Japan hasn't really been close to making a comeback to the big boys' World Championships, it's kind of refreshing to see an Asian team actually qualifying on merit, rather than how Japan used to avoid relegation. I wonder what having a KHL team in China will do for hockey there. I don't suppose there are any chinese players, who are even close to making it to that level yet.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Koreans are taking some dumb penalties. They're making it hard to not run them out of the building.

Enough is enough though, no need to take a shot on net unless it's an embarrassingly obvious scoring chance.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Yeah I didn't see how they got their goal, but I have to think even a 7-0 loss or whatever would be better than 11-1

Long story short, Scott Darling happened.

South Korean player got a juicy rebound and mostly fanned on it. Darling had the pad out, and inexplicably retracted it in order to try to sweep the puck away with his stick at exactly the wrong moment, and missed. It trickled across the goal line at about 5 km/h.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Since Japan hasn't really been close to making a comeback to the big boys' World Championships, it's kind of refreshing to see an Asian team actually qualifying on merit, rather than how Japan used to avoid relegation. I wonder what having a KHL team in China will do for hockey there. I don't suppose there are any chinese players, who are even close to making it to that level yet.
Rudi Ying played some games in the KHL in Kunlun's debut season but he has spent the past season on the franchise's VHL team. There will be numerous naturalized players of Chinese descent on the national team, many of them actual KHL-caliber players.

Reactions: Quonis

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
lol I am not allowed to criticize the US team for running up the score. My posts gets deleted. How is this not allowed in the gamethread? I have seen billion times worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad