GDT: Group B - May 11 - USA vs Korea

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
15-20 years ago South Korea was getting stomped by the likes of Japan. Now they are getting stomped but it's by Canada/USA/etc. Clearly still a step or three behind even the 2nd tier teams, but they've proven themselves at the 15-25 range of ranked teams so this is a good lesson for them. Yes this team is still more of a 1A/1B tweener team that had a nice run last year to gain promotion, but they've come a LONG way from where they were. This is their first time in the top division, it's a good lesson. It might be another 10+ years before they are back, but it is something to strive for the program. I think it will likely be more motivating than detrimental.
Thats also true.

Always imoportant to put things into perspective I guess.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Tbh you gotta blame the coach a tad, from game 1, Korea has played way too much like they were in d1, too much like they were playing equal opponnents, I mean just look at their aggressive pp. don't know if it is arrogance, or ignorance.

Quonis

Jan 3, 2015
Copenhagen
I still cant believe Vegas. What a cindarella story.
Yeah, Vegas has been very impressive to follow. I like them a lot. I do hope they don't win the Stanly Cup though. A brand new expansion team winning it in their first season just seems wrong. Particularly to some of the other previous expansion teams, who didn't get any where near the same kind of favourable starting conditions as Vegas. I'm pretty sure the next team (Seattle?) won't get the same conditions as Vegas either. It's just a bit much for some of the other teams, I think.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Tbh you gotta blame the coach a tad, from game 1, Korea has played way too much like they were in d1, too much like they were playing equal opponnents, I mean just look at their aggressive pp. don't know if it is arrogance, or ignorance.
Yeah this is true. Maybe he was worried about playing too timid and passive and over corrected

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad