GDT: Group B - February 14 - Slovakia (3) vs Russia (2)

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
At least we don't need to hear whatever tune they'll be playing whenever the Olympic Athletes of Russia wins. Anyone know how is sounds?

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
giphy.gif

Canuckistani

Mar 15, 2014
Toronto
Well this tournament is shaping up to be one hell of a s*** show.

The likes of Norway, Slovenia and Germany will never have a better chance to win a gold medal.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Give credit to Slovakia and Ramsey, they played good hockey except maybe first ten minutes. Fast and organized. Especially guys from slovak league surprised a lot. At least me because I didnt know them before :)

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Give credit to Slovakia and Ramsey, they played good hockey except maybe first ten minutes. Fast and organized. Especially guys from slovak league surprised a lot. At least me because I didnt know them before :)

I do, and I was defending the quality of the Slovak league in the other thread against the blatant statements of it being a beer league. Glad the guys are proving my point.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well this tournament is shaping up to be one hell of a s*** show.

The likes of Norway, Slovenia and Germany will never have a better chance to win a gold medal.

I doubt the Fins and Swedes will lay a turd like the "Russians" .

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
was not watching! but just saw the news....and LOL.

reading Russian sports websites will be a hoot later on.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
I do, and I was defending the quality of the Slovak league in the other thread against the blatant statements of it being a beer league. Glad the guys are proving my point.
I dont follow it except maybe champions league but I know something good is happening there. I was quite optimistic towards slovak team even in WHC when they picked lot of players from CZ despite it didnt really work. But also some czech teams do good job now so I dont see many reasons why it shouldnt work on such a stage. Ramsey obviously makes guys staying focused for entire game. Hope they gonna continue like this!

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Russia can't even figure it out with all the odds in their favour.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Interesting. You never watch, but always seem to be among the first to post after the game is over. How do you do that?
Starting to feel the heat already after one game?

You don't have to have watched the game to click on any millions of sources and immediately get the result and be able to comment on the game here.

It's the year 2018, this is easily done.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
One prominent poster seemed to criticize me because I sounded the alarm that this wouldn't necessarily be a walk in the park to the Gold Medal podium. How does it look now? Do you still think the opposition is too inferior to make it interesting? Russia looked like a group of aging superstars skating around the rink aimlessly, playing for themselves and unwilling to camp out in the tough spots in the slot. Russia totally dominated the first period, but the lack of defensive discipline and putrid goaltending produced 2 undeserved goals to tie the score. After that, you could see a visible collapse, because there is no coach to show them the way back to victory. Who doubts that this will happen again?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad