GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Czech Republic 3, Russia 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
damn, didn't expect it to be that easy. I hope this will boost our boys confidence for the future games.

P.S. US vs Swiss 1:1 after 1st period. if Swiss win in regulation, we will play them which is better than Finland IMO.

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
LOL :laugh: I've been laughing the whole 2nd period. Our defense is so funny to watch I just couldn't stop :)

Alcohol from New Year´s is also helping me get through it:) From this perspective I have to say this game was planned very well by the organizers:) Bravo:handclap:

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
Russia (as they seem to be coming around since the 3rd period of last nights' game) vs Finland, which will probably still be the outcome, has a chance to be a very good game.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
LOL :laugh: I've been laughing the whole 2nd period. Our defense is so funny to watch I just couldn't stop :)
I'm in! Let's do anything just to make some fun in the 3rd period. I want some ala Chekhov action!

Maybe if we start scoring some own goals, the russians will stop attacking us? :P I reckon if we resigned the game now, we might avoid a double-digit loss? Just out of interest, does anyone know how it works with resigning games? (score-wise)

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Maybe if we start scoring some own goals, the russians will stop attacking us? :P I reckon if we resigned the game now, we might avoid a double-digit loss? Just out of interest, does anyone know how it works with resigning games? (score-wise)

too complicated... all our players should just do something to get game misconduct and they can go back to the hotel :sarcasm:

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

probably a 3-0 automatic loss?

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I imagine that a forfeit in a game that is already almost over would result in some huge supplemental discipline. Probably ejection from the tournament and automatic relegation.

That would make sense, or teams would try to save some strength for other games (like relegation games in our case)

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
ok, I know the score is out of reach and it doesn't matter now, but they have to realize these 100% scoring chances that they are getting. it killed us against Sweden and it gets me worried going into the quarters as we are not going to be getting as many chances as we got tonight.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Btw. Holik fails big time so far IMO. One of the biggest dissapointments. On the other hand I like Hlinka's game at this tournament, he played very well for us in those 4 games.

EDIT: ou, I just remembered Holik is underager... but still I expected a little bit more.

is Holik related to any of the previous Holiks?

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad