GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 5, Sweden 6 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Why was Cowen going after a guy in the neutral zone while the puck was in his own end? haha

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Don`t even begin to talk about Olivier Roy. You`re basing this off of what? The 4 games you`ve seen him play? I`ve watched him for 2-3 years and people say after time that`s when you start to see flaws. Roy got better as time progressed in Cape Breton before being traded to Acadie-Bathurst in an attempt to rebuild our roster. The fact people here think they are smarter or better are judging who should and shouldn`t play more than the Team Canada coaches is ridiculous. Especially when it`s Dave Cameron, who has every reason to play Visentin, with him playing in the OHL. They know what they`re doing.

As far as ducking, yes it`s noticeable, but a lot of shots are going at his head, and he`s a smaller goalie. Most times pucks go at a goalies helmet it`s through traffic and he can`t see them. You can`t say it`s a bad thing when you duck because a solid piece of rubber is flying at your head at high speed. That`s human nature. You can`t break that habit. You`re built to duck when somethings coming at your face.

A goalie who's afraid to get hit by a puck....hmmm something doesn't seem right here.

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
If Canada had dominated Sweden like this we would have been down 8-0. It sucks that we cant get ahead on the scoreboard in a game like this.

tez

Oct 23, 2009
Nova Scotia
I don't have to. Scouts and coaches will.

Have fun in the Austrian League!

Good. Don`t talk about him then. You`re not a scout or coach, so why do you deserve to say he`s going to be a small-time netminder. Plenty of players have had struggles. You`re over-exxaggerating this for some unknown reason. Get over it.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
good players shine on the international stage..he's in over his head here and the pressure is getting to him..not good signs for a goalie..plus he's small in stature so that doesn't bode well..i say this as an oiler fan.

So what? MAF folded under pressure and won a cup in the NHL and is a solid NHL starter...Schenn wasn't very good last year and is now lighting it up....one tournament doesn't define a 19 year old prospect

AugustBurnsRed*

Canada's system sucks. The players just stand in the neutral zone and dump and don't chase.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Don`t even begin to talk about Olivier Roy. You`re basing this off of what? The 4 games you`ve seen him play? I`ve watched him for 2-3 years and people say after time that`s when you start to see flaws. Roy got better as time progressed in Cape Breton before being traded to Acadie-Bathurst in an attempt to rebuild our roster. The fact people here think they are smarter or better are judging who should and shouldn`t play more than the Team Canada coaches is ridiculous. Especially when it`s Dave Cameron, who has every reason to play Visentin, with him playing in the OHL. They know what they`re doing.

As far as ducking, yes it`s noticeable, but a lot of shots are going at his head, and he`s a smaller goalie. Most times pucks go at a goalies helmet it`s through traffic and he can`t see them. You can`t say it`s a bad thing when you duck because a solid piece of rubber is flying at your head at high speed. That`s human nature. You can`t break that habit. You`re built to duck when somethings coming at your face.

A goalie that ducks is about as useful as a lumberjack that is allergic to trees.

tez

Oct 23, 2009
Nova Scotia
A goalie who's afraid to get hit by a puck....hmmm something doesn't seem right here.

It`s not that he`s afraid of it. It`s that he`s seeing the puck coming at his head. A HUMAN BEING who doesn`t duck when a solid material is zooming towards his head and doesn`t duck.. something doesn`t seem right there.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
So what? MAF folded under pressure and won a cup in the NHL and is a solid NHL starter...Schenn wasn't very good last year and is now lighting it up....one tournament doesn't define a 19 year old prospect

MAF had one bad goal at a bad time in a tournament, but he was a million times better than this kid is.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

I only see two guys being bashed, and rightfully so.

Olsen and Roy.

Durign this tournament I've seen Olsen, Roy, Leblanc, Schenn(he might break the record for points in a tournament:facepalm:), it was mentiond we should have left Cizikas of for Toffoli:facepalm:, Visentin was absolutely destroyed for giving up a goal against Norway I mean who hasn't got it? It's ridiculous.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
It`s not that he`s afraid of it. It`s that he`s seeing the puck coming at his head. A HUMAN BEING who doesn`t duck when a solid material is zooming towards his head and doesn`t duck.. something doesn`t seem right there.

That's why they become NHL goalies and the rest play in beer leagues.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Fun game. It feels like one of those games Canada finds a way to win. They usually do when it looks like this but the bounces going their way.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Durign this tournament I've seen Olsen, Roy, Leblanc, Schenn(he might break the record for points in a tournament:facepalm:), it was mentiond we should have left Cizikas of for Toffoli:facepalm:, Visentin was absolutely destroyed for giving up a goal against Norway I mean who hasn't got it? It's ridiculous.

I can't speak for other games, but over the course of a tournament, lots of guys get critisized. I've seen a lot of Swedes bashed on this thread, too. Don't make it a Canadian thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad