GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 5, Sweden 6 (SO) • Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
How have Lander, Roy, and Hamilton played?

Lander seems to be playing quite well, he'll score the tying goal if one gets scored.

Roy has been shaky, there are at least a dozen people on this board ready to pull him and have him hanged.

Hamilton has two goals including a huge shorty

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Anyone dismissing roy based on a few bad games and making assumptions on his career is way out of line.

This kids never had to deal with this kind of pressure before, and maybe at this point, he can't handle it. Maybe he needs a half decent defense in front of him to make him more comfortable? Maybe he is simply having a bad tournament? Or who knows, maybe despite doing so well at every other level of hockey he's played in, he truly does suck.

All i'm saying is yes, hes had a bad tourny, no that does not make him a bust, and he is absolutely not the only reason we might not win this game.

I just can't stand people making such harsh assumptions about a kid and his career based on seeing him play for maybe 180 minutes.

Unfortunately with the world juniors, its just about all people see of certain players and i have no doubt roy is considered a "bust" by many already.

Countless people (many Oilers fans as well, IIRC) were dismissing Kadri last year after one game of the WJC. It happens every year, regardless if it's right or not. Don't try to make it like everyone just hates on Roy.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
This has been one sloppy game.

I like how the Swedes come from the boards to the middle of the ice. They're so shifty.

mooseOAK*

To whom it may concern: That is a what a shoulder to shoulder hit looks like.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Shots only 34-28 Sweden. Score 5-4 Canada. Not so sure why people think sweden is so much better...

They have been at times, but not the whole game. I think we are just more critical of our own players because we expect so much. Can't win 10-1 every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad