GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 5, Sweden 6 (SO) • Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottrockztheworld*

Canada is #1 at producing quality players. You need to take into account that they play at home every other year. Buffalo is about an hour from Toronto, so that is almost like playing in Canada. You get a big home field advantage, especially from the hockey mad fans of Canada. Maybe if more WJCs were in Europe, you wouldn't have 5, maybe 3 instead.

Canada has only won 2 Gold Medals on home ice since 05... the other 3 were in the US, Sweden, Czech Rep.

That home ice thing is because Canadians care so much about the WJC that they will travel to support their team.

Talk about excuses though.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Oh such knowledge. You have to be Canadian right? :sarcasm:

But if the real tounament starts know, a game that lets you skip a the quarters straight in to the semis has to be worths something?

Wait! I git the answer to that:
Naaah, Canada lost so it doesnt matter.

It only means something if you take advantage.

Just like getting Belarus in a quarterfinal because you finished on top of a group.

That's a real accomplishment, but means nothing if you don't take advantage.

If Canada faces Sweden in the Finals, then this game has meant absolutely nothing.

Meganuck*

France was the best, although they had a Canadian with them so it makes sense I guess. Roch Voisine I think it was
France went nuts. I thought it was great. Same with the British telecast. They probably always have the best comments after a goal.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
was adam larsson even in this game?

Yeah, he just had a poor game. Adam was knocked into his own net at the start of the game and took a stupid slashing penalty after getting frustrated in the third period. Oh well, at least it didn't cost us the game. I agree with those that said that Nemeth was our top defender tonight as Erixon wasn't that great either.

For you guys, although someone mentioned Gudbranson I'd pick Ellis despite his missed shootout attempt. I just thought he was more noticable throughout the game and the coaching staff seemed to look to him to take on a lot of responsibility during OT.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
Swedes were superior. It was especially obvious in the OT as Swedish players were just more skillful. As soon as is came to the shootout it was over for Canada.

Sweden was so much better with all the boards battle and puck cycling versus Canadian dominance in meaningless hits.

Congrats Sweden. It was sweet to hear your anthem in this filled arena)

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->