GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 5, Sweden 6 (SO) • Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Entertaining stuff!

Tyler Myers in the swedish studio! Man that guy is not small. Makes Mikael Renberg look like a munchkin.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2010
Looks like Curtis Hamilton and Anton Lander will be a big part of the Oilers future.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
4 - 4 so far. I thought it would be low scoring... But with hindsight, this is what you get with two great teams with no experienced D-men.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Larsson really stepped up his game in the second period, just keep playing your game kid, you've got nothing to prove.

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
Funny, I`ve never once seen a goalie, purposely anyway, move his head towards a puck to save it. Ever. And I`m being completely honest.

I have a lot of times and I am being completely honest. Maybe you should watch more hockey? Any goalie that is scared of the puck no matter where its heading should reconsider there position.

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
Canada has been shaky all game. Against Sweden and in a important game, you have to be in top gear.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Sweden has been very good. Sweden has made Canada look very bad. Canada has made Canada look very bad.

All of that said it is tied going to the 3rd. Find a way to pull this out, properly thank the hockey gods, then go off and re-mf'ing-group.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Olsen is so bad that he's awesome. Own goal, knocked Swedesh forwards on Roy twice, fell into the boards while going to pick up the puck. What does he have in store for the final stanza?

Keep playing him Cameron, yeah, that's the right move.

The Swedes are the class of the tournament.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Larsson really stepped up his game in the second period, just keep playing your game kid, you've got nothing to prove.

He does have a style which makes you think he doesn't care. He holds on to the puck way too long all the time, and on the pk-goal he could've easily beaten the Canadian to puck puck to negate the 2-1 from even happening.

Heäs good, but not as good as everyone thought he'd be a year ago.

mobilus

Five and a game
Jan 6, 2009
high slot
Sweden's game reminds me of the U.S. style at the Vancouver Olympics... high speed, great positioning, no fear on the boards. Makes me think they've built an NHL pad somewhere in Sweden to practice on. Very, very fun to watch.

Oh, and as per the previous thread, last shot wins.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Funny, I`ve never once seen a goalie, purposely anyway, move his head towards a puck to save it. Ever. And I`m being completely honest.

lundqvist does it once ever 3 games or so. Practially all the time.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Olsen is so bad that he's awesome. Own goal, knocked Swedesh forwards on Roy twice, fell into the boards while going to pick up the puck. What does he have in store for the final stanza?

Keep playing him Cameron, yeah, that's the right move.

The Swedes are the class of the tournament.

What does that make Canada? We're tied with them.....

:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->