GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 5, Sweden 6 (SO) • Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Couturier is the only 18 year old on the team and he's not an impact player.

I think there is a minor decline of Canadian top end talent in the 2011 entry draft.

That's reasonable.

There's always going to be variation. Chris Phillips and Patrick Stefan were 1st overall picks and what's funny is that they weren't particularly bad picks, it was just a dearth of talent in those particular years.

I think one year is a bit much to call a downward trend.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He made the save cause Ellis shot it right into him.He had half of the net to work with

Also is their any doubt that Schenn is the best player in this tournament.

I gotta admit,last year I taught he sucked but hes been Canadas best player this year

How about the fact that you didn't mention the Holy Schenn not scoring as well? :laugh:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Well, i believe in every culture, except in Canada when Canada lose.

A question? Why play 82 games that means nothing? What a life. 82 worthless games and then you might be out in four "real" games.

The 82 games only mean something if you make it in to the top 8.

Otherwise they don't mean anything.

Sure, there's entertainment value, but in the grand scheme of things, irrelevant.

Just ask the Capitals or Sharks players about their seasons last year.

The Big Swede*

How about the fact that you didn't mention the Holy Schenn not scoring as well? :laugh:

He missed one shootout attempt big deal,shootouts are stupid anyways.

If you wanna base a player off one game then Adam Larsson does not belong anywhere near the top 10 for this upcoming draft

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
We haven't had good goaltending since Price. Hope that changes next year. It's a problem, but the strong teams usually help hide the deficiency. For a guy who should be used to shootouts by now, that was some poor coverage. Roy played the low shots and still got beat.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Its a Canadian game. All the best players in the world are from Canada. Canada usually win the gold. Canada is the best. Not the US, not Sweden, not Russia. Canada is the best. And we will win the gold. We always do.

Cry me a river. Canada was blown out. Some lucky goals kept Canada in the game late. But Sweden pulled it out anyways. SWEDEN!!!

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
The 82 games only mean something if you make it in to the top 8.

Otherwise they don't mean anything.

Sure, there's entertainment value, but in the grand scheme of things, irrelevant.

Just ask the Capitals or Sharks players about their seasons last year.

In that case I guess the WJC group stage means something, considering both Sweden and Canada made the playoffs.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Hockey gods made justice here, swedes were better than canada.

On this day they certainly were, A hardy congratulations. Now if there is a Swedish girl visiting Canada for the holidays can you fix me up with a date. As you can see I;m a nice person.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Give credit where it is justly due regardless of nationality. They had to beat a tough Finland team that wouldn't go away in the first game.

I'll give credit for beating one decent team.

The rest of the pool is weak.

I'm not going to call them dominant after an overtime win against the only real competition in the pool.

Levizk

Feb 12, 2007
Monroeville, PA
Yea for the 2nd time in the preliminary round in.... what did they say 30 games?

USA - 1 Gold Medal since 2005

Canada - 5 Gold Medals since 2005

You decide who is the best nation.

Canada historically has been better, but Canada focuses their top athletic talent on hockey while the US has it fourth on the totem pole. The US can field a top level team in several sports and is slowly growing the talent to challenge Canada at hockey while maintaining their dominance in many other leagues. The fact that the US can even compete with Canada let alone win when our nation puts so little focus on the sport should say something.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
Cry me a river. Canada was blown out. Some lucky goals kept Canada in the game late. But Sweden pulled it out anyways. SWEDEN!!!

What a 6-5 game is getting blown out i am sorry that is not.Yes canada had a couple lucky goals just as sweden did.

The Big Swede*

I must have missed the game,I taught it ended in a shootout?

Scottrockztheworld*

So if you guys are whining about us *****ing its because we hardly EVER lose. We want our teams to be and play the very best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad