GDT: Group B • Dec. 30 • Sweden 6, Czech Republic 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Only saw half the game, but the Swedish team-defence and the goalie looked really sloppy.

The Czech's had a lot of chances.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
This and "running up the score" is some weird Canadian thing. We don't do it that way.

What does it matter when he tries it?

God forbid anyone trying something out of the ordinary. How about we just let players score on wrist shots, that oughta draw a big crowd..:help:

While I realize that it's a competition, there's no need to try that. That's just the way I see it.

Totally depends on one's mind-set, IMO.

Also, I have no problem with running up the score as long as teams stay away from the "hot-dogging" kind of plays.

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
Sorry, but no one of us silly Europeans have this mind set. If you can embarrass your opponent you do so, at any level. Which means at the same time if a Czech player did it, we would never take offense.

Exactly. Theres no mercy in this sport - if you have the opportunity to legally check a player out of the game, you'll do it, every time. Hence, caring about someones "feelings" is bullsh!t. You should embarrass people everytime you have the opportunity to do so.

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
He said today that he felt pretty good and that he would try skating tomorrow.

Also

96304-34050.jpg

The Canadian media is saying that his agent has advised him against playing and risking further injury. Tough decision for the kid, but I'd think it'd be wise to skip a game that is non-elimination. Maybe wishing thinking :)

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
What really impresses me with this team is that they really seem to believe in the system they are playing. With MÃ¥rts they tried playing it but did a half assed job and reverted to a typical Swedish game as soon as a play went wrong and they got insecure.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Lehner seems like a real sourpuss, I have never seen him smile. Even when they interviewed him after the Russia game he looked like he had just let in 10 goals.

Wildly competitive dude. He's been commended in junior and the pros for already behaving like a pro. Sault Ste Marie coach last year said as soon as he came in he taught the whole team about professional work ethic. This guy is just very very determined, considering he's my teams prospect...I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad