GDT: Group B • Dec. 28 • Sweden 2, Russia 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Very good game by Sweden so far. Our team once again looked not adequate although the last five minutes were good. I just don't get why we can't play like that for the whole game.
If we play like the start we are screwed, if we play like the end of the period we can catch them up.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Fasth and Jarnkrok have been very solid for Sweden early

Anton Burdasov has impressed me early on in this game and in the Game against Canada

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
ok i take it back i wanna marry landeskog:sarcasm: you can tell marie just want the interview to end so she can throw herself at him

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Good swedish period. Lehner did some good saves in the end but he seriously lack rebound controll :p

Lander, Larsson and Järnkrok impressed me this period

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden
Good period but a few defensive lapses by Sweden. If you do that against Canada you concede a goal. But all is good, 2-0 against Russia and they're already getting frustrated.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Very good game by Sweden so far. Our team once again looked not adequate although the last five minutes were good. I just don't get why we can't play like that for the whole game.
If we play like the start we are screwed, if we play like the end of the period we can catch them up.

Sweden could have also let up. They stopped forechecking and Russia got back in the game.

A hard forechecking opponent is poison for Russia because of that weak and mistake prone defense.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Yup and also many other NHL related things...

i have the pleasure to watch 2-3 KHL games each week on tv and if they wouldn't try to copy the NHL in every way, it would be such a great league. very good and entertaining hockey.

they even try to copy slapshot or why is vityaz in the league? ;)

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Yup and also many other NHL related things...

Import players are not a problem. Generally the level of import players in the KHL is good. They bring up the level of play in the KHL.

The problem is inadequate and wrong training techniques. If Russia produced better young players they would also get a chance to play in the KHL. Tarasenko and Kuznetsov are good enough so they play a lot in their KHL teams.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
I think if we want to catch up, KHL is going to have to stop signing a bunch of NHL rejects

NHL rejects such as Dallman and Bochenski are among the best players in the KHL.

The problem is not that young players are not getting their changes. The problem is the lack of good young players. If a player is good enough he will get his change.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Import players are not a problem. Generally the level of import players in the KHL is good. They bring up the level of play in the KHL.

The problem is inadequate and wrong training techniques. If Russia produced better young players they would also get a chance to play in the KHL. Tarasenko and Kuznetsov are good enough so they play a lot in their KHL teams.

Coaching definitely has to improve. It seems like everyone is still stuck in 1985 with their tactics and while it works internally, the teams consistently fail when they hit the international stage.

The level of import players is total crap, though with a few exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad