GDT: Group B • Dec. 28 • Sweden 2, Russia 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden
Lander, Friberg, Larsson and ofc Lehner+
It was a good game by the whole team, can't say anyone was bad really.
Loved Fribergs and C.Klingbergs sacrificing in that PK :handclap:

It was 5-on-5, good blocks but bad play got Sweden in that situation.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
This team is quite un-Swedish. Given the lack of "natural talent" (compared to recent years) I really agree with the decision to build the team in this manner.

Still, they've got their work cut out for them if they want to get to the final this year. Oh Gabriel, our fallen arc angel.. get back soon plz.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
swedes looked like canadians the way they played today. If they play like that against canada, especially defensively, canada could have a tough time NYE.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
How bad of a dive was it? Tarasenko played excellently, but that's still pretty off putting if it was truly horrible.
it's not really a dive. The first time, he got high sticked, so he dropped his stick, dropped his gloves, and held his face. He was carrying the puck at the time.

then, on the last play w/30s left, sweden clears, but its a slow one. Tarasenko doesnt even attempt to catch up to the puck, he simply concedes the game.

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
Good game, sweden had some luck and a good goalkeeper, but they played as a team and thats impressive. Also the defense looked good. Russia has some good individual players but lack the organization (especially in their own zone) like the swedes has. But i wouldnt count out Russia yet.

Best player in Sweden i think was Lehner and in Russia Tarasenko (not his best game but he has so much skill and he makes good plays on almost every shift. He shows really high hockey IQ)

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Anton Lander plays very well for Sweden he's so strong on the puck, good leader, plays a good 2 way game.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Russia had plenty of chances to win this game but misfired or Lehner made a big save.

The Russians should pummel the Czechs and get a QF birth against the Finns which will be entertaining.

member 30781

Russia had plenty of chances to win this game but misfired or Lehner made a big save.

The Russians should pummel the Czechs and get a QF birth against the Finns which will be entertaining.

No they didn't. They had probably one VERY good chance and Dvurechensky (IIRC) missed a wide open net. The others they shot it right at him. Also you cant count out the blocks that Sweden pulled off especially on the PK's.

Russia is done here. They can't win with this team. The look like a B level team with the exception of Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, and maybe Dvurechensky.

The way they play, they will be lucky to even beat the Czechs. And this is coming from a supporter of Russia.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
No they didn't. They had probably one VERY good chance and Dvurechensky (IIRC) missed a wide open net. The others they shot it right at him. Also you cant count out the blocks that Sweden pulled off especially on the PK's.

Russia is done here. They can't win with this team. The look like a B level team with the exception of Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, and maybe Dvurechensky.

The way they play, they will be lucky to even beat the Czechs. And this is coming from a supporter of Russia.

One chance. I saw them create plenty and misfire most of the time. To each their own.

rushockey

Oct 4, 2010
Calgary
www.rushockey.com
Well, they created plenty of chances, the puck just wasn't going in, it happens from time to time. I liked the hard work by a number of guys specially Sobchenko. Tarasenko and Kuznetsov look out of place at times, they do some things that shouldn't be effective on the smaller ice, they need time to adjust.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Didn't have time to watch the game tonight. Can someone tell me how our #1 overall pick played tonight (Larsson)?

Thanks ;)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
1-FourNations-Suisse-Sweden-694A0454-Robin-Lehner.jpg

/Thread

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden
Lol this Tarasenko bashing is frigging ridicolous. He got a sun clear stick on the mouth and you call him a diver? Homerism!

I think it has more to do how he reacts and with his rubber legs in the situation at the boards with Erixon a few minutes earlier. He, and several other Russians, were looking for penalties that weren't there. If you get a high stick in the face fine, you don't have to throw a tantrum like Lindberg just tried to decapitate you.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Didn't have time to watch the game tonight. Can someone tell me how our #1 overall pick played tonight (Larsson)?

Thanks ;)

He made som great plays, and some really poor ones. He got stripped of the puck a little easily a few times; all in all a decent game for him, but not anywhere close to what you expect from a future first rounder.

TheNorth

Better Call Saul
Feb 16, 2010
Was Lehner even at the 2010 WJC? Don't remember hearing about him because Markstrom was the main goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad