GDT: Group B • Dec. 28 • Sweden 2, Russia 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
I think Russia outplayed Sweden in this one but not by much. Based on this game Russia should be able to beat Czech republic.

PuckOut

Feb 23, 2009
www.youtube.com
Lehner stood on his head and won it for Sweden. After the first 15-minutes or so Russia controlled most of the game and really should have scored despite Lehner having a great game.

Great fighting spirit from Sweden, but they will have to play better if they want to get some medals (at least anything more than bronze). Overall the team is probably a little to weak, not enough high skilled players.

Svinet

May 20, 2010
Great win but far from perfect

+ Team spirit
+ PK
+ Lehner

- Quite alot to still work with like to keep the game more simple in the own zone

inoajd

Dec 11, 2010
The penalty on tarasenko was fine, but the one before that?
I totally missed what that was about...

It was about Sweden being in the lead. They are too afraid to take actual calls on the leading team and make up stuff for the other team.

Happens in most hockey games.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
No that was a fully legit penalty. Tarasenko with some ridiculous filming though.

With "filming" this poster means embellishment.

I agree. Still, it wasn't half as bad as the make-up call with a minute to go. Hooks and slashes all over the place from the Russians, and the spineless Zebra puts Cehlin in the box for nothing. I usually don't put myself with the regular crowd of whining swedes, but that was.. well it was IIHF standard reffing.

JackBauer

May 16, 2006
Ottawa, Ont.
How bad of a dive was it? Tarasenko played excellently, but that's still pretty off putting if it was truly horrible.

it reminded me of the old alex kovalev thing in the playoffs. it was clearly a penalty as he was hit in the mouth with a stick but he dropped his stick, dropped his gloves, turned around and skated towards the bench. all this happened at the top of the swedish blue line, during a five on four. not arguing that it wasnt a penalty but to see that, especially from a guy that has been flat-out fantastic so far, is not a great thing to see.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
If Russia produced goalies and defenceman, they would still be amongst the top of the world.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Close game. Sweden dominated early before Russia got going. Pretty even play in the last two periods, but Russia should have scored at least one. I was impressed with Burdasov against Canada and again tonight. How his linemate didn't finish off his pass is beyond me.

PietroOshieLo*

it reminded me of the old alex kovalev thing in the playoffs. it was clearly a penalty as he was hit in the mouth with a stick but he dropped his stick, dropped his gloves, turned around and skated towards the bench. all this happened at the top of the swedish blue line, during a five on four. not arguing that it wasnt a penalty but to see that, especially from a guy that has been flat-out fantastic so far, is not a great thing to see.
So he sold the call, but it wasn't an all out Ribiero?

Also, Tarasenko "gave up?" What happened?

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
I think Russia outplayed Sweden in this one but not by much. Based on this game Russia should be able to beat Czech republic.

I must have had my homer glasses on, becuase I don't agree that Russia outplayed Sweden.

I think Sweden played great in first, Russia got back later but couldn't score.

I'll keep my homer glasses on and enjoy this win.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
I know Lehner got player of the game for Sweden, but if you had to choose someone else from Sweden other than him, who would it have been?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Close game. Sweden dominated early before Russia got going. Pretty even play in the last two periods, but Russia should have scored at least one. I was impressed with Burdasov against Canada and again tonight. How his linemate didn't finish off his pass is beyond me.

yeah, Dvurechenskiy missed an open net, got penalized 2 minutes before the end of the game, and had the puck hope on him again right before the penalty during a scoring chance...is that a definition of failure or what?

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
I know Lehner got player of the game for Sweden, but if you had to choose someone else from Sweden other than him, who would it have been?

Lander or Friberg. Jarnkrok was fantastic in the first but pretty invisible in the second and third.

If defencemen, Larsson or Erixon, Nemeth very solid as well.

But honestly.. Lehner was great but other than that it was a team-effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad