GDT: Group B • Dec. 28 • Russia vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Startseva

Dec 30, 2012
Moscow
Good game, thanks teams for the emotions. :handclap: (nice end of the day, coz after sleepless nights I passed Constitutional law exam today :partytime:)

If we remove emotions... We shouldn't be intoxicated by the victory as well as Finns shouldn't be too sad about this defeat. It's top level teams, who knows what results would be if they were playing tommorow? Unpredictable. Every team has own strong and weak sides. It's just a group stage. If you see a catastrophy here and afraid to meet Canada or USA in playoffs... then stop thinking about being champions.

Our team... today I will just applause because I stick to the principle that winners can not be critisized. Just... most importantly, not to relax.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
I can see a Leafs fan being very confused when reading this thread to check up on how Kapanen did. :laugh:

I though he actually played calmly, had one great backcheck, helped the D. I guess that shows how differently you can see a game.

Kapanen was the best piece of Hintz-line by far. Rantanen and Hintz were sleeping all game, not an easy task to be good playing with them right now. They have zero chemistry and should've been separated after the 1st period. Put Saarela in the first line center role, he can actually win some faceoffs as well.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Happy about the win, but there are some areas that need to be tightened up. Not at all happy with Georgiev's performance. He looked shaky all day. My guess is that Bragin was planning on starting Samsonov tomorrow against Belarus, and if he plays well, my guess is that you could see him in the nets on Thursday against Slovakia.

Loved the play of the forwards, particularly Polunin, Korshkov and Kuzmenko. Their puck control deep in the Finnish zone changed the flow of the game. If they can keep this play going, there is a good chance of ending up as the No. 1 seed in the group.
And all of them play in Russia. Either in the KHL, VHL or MHL.

The Canadian junior league guys sucked today, as I fully expected.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
to bad for finns. they are gonna be eliminated in the quarterfinal, it seems.
If we remove emotions... We shouldn't be intoxicated by the victory as well as Finns shouldn't be too sad about this defeat.
lol, absolute no. the rivers of tears here are somewhat appropriate. the game was (most likely) for the first place in the group. it's a big deal.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
And all of them play in Russia. Either in the KHL, VHL or MHL.

The Canadian junior league guys sucked today, as I fully expected.
lazarev is a lost case, but svechnikov looked like a bum (the second game in row). that's alarming. provorov, on the other hand, had some flashes here and there of a good play.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
lazarev is a lost case, but svechnikov looked like a bum (the second game in row). that's alarming. provorov, on the other hand, had some flashes here and there of a good play.
We should hope, really hope, that Andrei Svechnikov stays in Russia. But I'm not very optimistic about it.

stolpioni*

Russia will still be sent home in the quarter finals, semi-finals the latest. They're just not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad