Brian Oliver | -
Linesman​
|
wse.gif
Henrik Pihlblad | -

Last edited:

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
WTF is that?? Jalonen is really making it hard for me to cheer for his decisions. The guy is mental. :shakehead

It reads with a small 'Last game's lineup. To be updated.' I'm sure they will test both goalies. Also would be logical to give Kalapudas some ice time.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
Interested to see if this Finnish team is for real the best one at tourney or just a better than average year, but on par with other top nations.

What do you guys think of the experience? Could their age show or are they mature beyond their years?

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
Gonna be pretty close game. Winner most likely wins the whole group and plays against Denmark after group games.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
I hope that team Finland will be able to win this as I will be there to witness it! Woo! Bring it on! I predict 6-0 for Finland, hatters for both Puljujärvi and Laine! :D

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
I hope that team Finland will be able to win this as I will be there to witness it! Woo! Bring it on! I predict 6-0 for Finland, hatters for both Puljujärvi and Laine! :D

HockeyHistorian, you are now mixing hopes and hypes of a casual fan and the expertise of an acknowledged hockey mind which is likely to decrease your credibilty in the latter function. -But anyways, welcome to the club. :laugh::D

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
HockeyHistorian, you are now mixing hopes and hypes of a casual fan and the expertise of an acknowledged hockey mind which is likely to decrease your credibilty in the latter function. -But anyways, welcome to the club. :laugh::D

I was joking, but I didn't remember how to do the sarcasm smiley on my phone ;)

Petskuta

May 15, 2011
It's confirmed, Vehviläinen starting today as well. The thinking must be that Kähkönen starts the next one after this. Also good that they went with Repo on the 3rd, brought much more to the table after the change in the last game.

Rantanen - Hintz - Kapanen
Laine - Aho - Pulju
Saarela - Nättinen - Repo
Björkvist - Siikonen - Lammikko
Kalapudas

Keskitalo - Saarijärvi
Tuulola - Juolevi
Niku - Mikkola
Sopanen

Vehviläinen
Kähkönen

http://www.leijonat.fi/maajoukkueet...-peliin-aloituskiekko-putoaa-kello-18-00.html

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Interested to see if this Finnish team is for real the best one at tourney or just a better than average year, but on par with other top nations.

What do you guys think of the experience? Could their age show or are they mature beyond their years?
I saw all the pretournament hype surrounding this team, but I hadn't really made up my mind until I watched their first game. I definitely think they're for real now, and feature one of the deadliest lineups in the tournament with terrific depth and high end talent.

Neither team impressed in their first games.

A low scoring game that goes to OT
I can't help but think that you actually skipped watching Finland's first game.:dunno:

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
I can't help but think that you actually skipped watching Finland's first game.:dunno:

Seeing it was against Belarus I can understand the jury being still out regarding the first impressions, but there definitely was more positive than negative to be drawn from the first game.

We'll see if that carries over to the next game when the quality of opposition gets tougher.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Russian team is older and has more experience. Finns play at home, in front of their public. What is more important? I hope the right answer is experience.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Rantanen better wake up.

I don't get the love for Kapanen, at all. If he keeps playing the way he did vs. Belarus and the line is unable to find chemistry. I really hope Jalonen wakes up and swaps spots with Kapanen <=> Repo. Kapanen could be the threat on the 3rd line since he likes to do things on his own anyway. He's actually pretty good at creating chances with his speed, but mostly for himself.

Yeah, not saying it's all on Kapanen cause Rantanen didn't have his greatest game either (never mind Hintz) but with the two of them, Rantanen is far more valuable player and should be getting the maximum minutes. It is really mandatory that there will be chemistry in our first unit if we intend to win against the better countries.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Russian team is older and has more experience. Finns play at home, in front of their public. What is more important? I hope the right answer is experience.

Indeed, this should be an even affair. But in one thing you are wrong though. The Russians play at home also. It all Russian Ice Hall owned by Roman Rotenberg etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Finns, whats up with this game being played today and not on new years eve??

Not that it matters really but these games are usually played on new years eve :laugh:

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Finns, whats up with this game being played today and not on new years eve??

Not that it matters really but these games are usually played on new years eve :laugh:

We have a game scheduled on the NYE?

(or are you referring to the game against Russia specifically?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad