GDT: Group B • Dec. 28 • Russia vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
lazarev is a lost case, but svechnikov looked like a bum (the second game in row). that's alarming. provorov, on the other hand, had some flashes here and there of a good play.

Forgetting Fazleev... who has been great both games and is a CHLer. ;) And has developed very, very well over in Canada.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
I don't blame you for saying that to me. I proved that I wasn't blaming on him for all the goals or even giving any crap on the first 3 goals even slightly, I wouldn't have gone there (proving that) any more unless I was being told to do that. I felt like every other shot scrumbled in and team just stood there not taking time out, not doing anything about it, and we were losing the grip on the game there.

All good. On to the next game!

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
rantanen and kapanen are terrible... lets send them back to the ahl. the young guys are a lot better.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Next time it's another game. Probably in the semis?

Anyways, you have much skill in your team, as always, no matter the scarcity of hype. This time Team Russia looks really big and strong also. - There are really five teams who can take it again. - Interesting days ahead in this tourney.

Last edited by a moderator:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Lazarev and Svechnikov - from game-breakers to work-horses in what a year?

I remember seing Svechnikov at some tournaments single-handily carrying Russia in games, where we had no business of being. During the SSS and so far in the WJC I just see a hard working player, who is not a game breaker he used to be.
Finnland played very good, at times I really enjoyed the speed, physicality and plays.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Lazarev and Svechnikov - from game-breakers to work-horses in what a year?

I remember seing Svechnikov at some tournaments single-handily carrying Russia in games, where we had no business of being. During the SSS and so far in the WJC I just see a hard working player, who is not a game breaker he used to be.
Finnland played very good, at times I really enjoyed the speed, physicality and plays.

Same with the Finns. I honestly think it's the rink as much as learning to play to a system. Give them time, the best ones will be the best ones when it counts the most. Pond hockey games don't matter.

WMT

Jul 1, 2015
Toronto, ON
Great game, congrats to Russia. I liked Kapanen in this one, too bad he didn't score. He had some nice chances, played some good defense as well. Would be nice to draft Puljujärvi and some of these Russians in 3rd-4th rounds :naughty:

perstakli

Jan 21, 2015
to bad for finns. they are gonna be eliminated in the quarterfinal, it seems.

lol, absolute no. the rivers of tears here are somewhat appropriate. the game was (most likely) for the first place in the group. it's a big deal.

Well, sure, if you're aiming just to get to the semis then getting Denmark in the quarts is probably really important. However, if you want to win you'll have to beat two top-7 teams in the end anyways, probably including Canada in any case.

I'd agree with Startseva, both teams have positives and negatives to take away from this game. This was an evenly matched game of two really good teams and could've easily ended with a different score. Unless Finland completely melts and ends up in the relegation round, the result of this game will not matter one bit in a week.

Backami

Jun 26, 2013
Same with the Finns. I honestly think it's the rink as much as learning to play to a system. Give them time, the best ones will be the best ones when it counts the most. Pond hockey games don't matter.

rus vs finns game was "when it counts the most"...

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
It was very entertaining game. Russia has so much skill and we were a bit unlucky and our defence and goaltending were not at good level.

We must be better at faceoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad